Chapter 2

~3rd POV~

"Uhm... Grian you down here?" Scar called out as he jumped down the small hatch with Mumbo following close behind, though he had used the ladder.

"Guess he isn't...." Scar sighed but as he turned to leave Mumbo grabbed his sleeve.

"This isn't right Scar." Mumbo whispered to the other as he looked around the small cavern. The walls and roof looked natural yet still man made, a few shulkers seemed to have been knocked over and their contents were spilled across the floor. Though the most unsettling items were the collection of tools scattered across the ground.

"These are Grian's tools. Why would he just leave them here?" Mumbo questioned as he slowly lifted the pickaxe off the ground.

"Are you sure they aren't just a spare set Mumbo-?"Scar tried to reassure the other but was quickly cut short.

"No Scar! These are his main tools." Mumbo snapped, though he backed down soon after, realising what he had done.

"Why would he just leave his tools here!"

"Mumbo-"

"This doesn't make any sense!"

"Mumbo!"

"Scar where is he-"

"Mumbo!"

"What!?"

"The rooms being filled with the weird portal gas." Scar stated while pointing towards the quickly rising magenta mist that swirled elegantly around their feet.

"Wait what!" Mumbo yelped but it was already to late, the other was already swallowed by the gas.

~Grian POV~

It's so calm here.... Maybe I don't want to leave?

How long have I been here?

Are the others worried for me?

I'm sure they're fine my little disciple

W-what?

Do not fret little one. You are safe here.

You are Ḧ̸̨̡͉̤̼̪̝̻̫̗̒̀̊̊̉̋͑̉̂́o̵̭̖̩̯͚͓̯͂͜ͅm̵̢̺̙̫̲̹̈́̋̇̎̔̚͝é̶̛͖̳̗͖̀͛͊͂̈́̾̏͂͜

Ok....

~Scar POV~

"What is this!?" I screamed as I felt the odd gas flow into my lungs.

"I don't know!?" Mumbo yelped as he went toppling over his own feet.

Hello Little Ones

"Who are you!" I shrieked a little to loud.

Do not panic now. For all is calm in my domain.

"W-what?" I think I heard Mumbo question, though it was much closer to a mumbled gibberish than actual words.

You've entered my domain silly! Just like your friend did! My precious little disciple!

"Wait... are you talking about Grian?" I asked now realising the mist was quickly retreating back to the crack.

Ah yes... that is what you humans call him isn't it?

"What do you mean by what humans call him-"

Well anyways I must be going now. I sense a horrible presence approaching and I wouldn't want to let my little disciple get lonely!

"Wait! So you have Grian!" Mumbo screamed as he fell onto his knees in front of the misty portal.

"What's happening down here!? I heard screaming as I was flying over! What is that!" A green cladded brunette yelled as he ran to us both in a panic to check for injuries.

"We're fine X...." I sighed as I turned back to what I believe Grian once called the rift.

"Did you find Grian?" Xisuma asked as he turned to the kneeling ravenette.

"We found him...." Mumbo mumbled now pulling his knees to his chest.

"Where is he?" X questioned seeming relieved before seeing our expressions and returning to panic.

"The Rift has him now."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Chapters may be a but short for now, but alter on they will begin to become a but longer.

~Word Count: 584~