Chapter 15

TW: Gore, Almost Death

~Iskall POV~

"Where are you! Everyone's already panicked with everything else! You just disappearing. Is not helping!" False growled, her voice booming through my communicator.

"I know False... I just had to grab something from my skeleton farm. I'm just above the birch forest, I'll be there in 5." I explained trying my best to not anger the other more at the moment.

"You Notch damn better be Iskall!" Doc's voice screamed from somewhere behind her, as countless other voices yelled next to him.

"I know, I know I'm almost ba-"

"Iskall?" I heard False's voice question as I felt my body falter and begin to fall.

Everything was screaming at me to act, to fire one of my fireworks but my body simply refused to move. When reality eventually dawned on me I finally felt the searing pain in my side. I then turned to see what had caused it, an arrow. The arrow was seemingly oozing purple goo as it stuck out from my side.

Oh god no... 

I felt the leaves brush my sides as I inevitably grew closer to the ground, slowly I closed my eyes waiting for the horrid bone shattering impact of the ground.

Then it all went black.

~Other POV~

I think we took him out.

You what?!

He took to the skies and simply... fell is all.

You little!

A glowing green entity flouted down into the luscious birch forest, quickly taking to searching in and behind trees and bushes for the Swedish brunette.

"God... where is he." They sighed, their voice came across as quite feminine.

The entity continued to search till a familiar blonde females voice came screaming from a small clearing within the trees.

"Iskall! Iskall, come on! Please speak to me! Come on!" She begged as her voice echoed through the almost empty forest.

"Oh little one...." The entity's voice was kind and considerate, they were evidently sorry for what had happened to the boy.

"Iskall... come on... please answer...." Now a male's voice came through the communicator that was still strapped to the brunettes wrist, his voice was so desperate.... It send an evident pang of guilt through the entity.

The entity walked towards the boys limp and seemingly lifeless body as they knelt down to listen for a heart beat. Luckily they found one, though faint, they still heard it's pleading cries.

They had heard it so many times before, yet it still hurt them to hear the desperate cries of a fading player's heart beat.

"You'll be ok... I promise." They whispered as a faint green light swallowed the boys body.

"I'll do what I can... I won't let them win. I promise." They smiled as the green glow faded away, the boy's heartbeat and breathing now relaxed and continuous.

~False POV~

This idiot really had to go out and get himself kil- no. He's not dead... he can't be dead. I sighed as I lifted my head to continue looking straight forward, we were almost to the forest. We're almost there.

"Why didn't we just fly." Doc grumbled from somewhere behind me, he had refused to stay back and have to deal with the chaos.

"Because that's the reason Iskall may be... injured." I sighed as we continued out sprint. Mumbo refused to speak, he hadn't uttered a word since we stopped calling out through the communicator.

"He's almost guarantied to be dead False. Just say it." Doc stated as the entire group fell silent after his remark.

"Your mood would be very different if Ren had been attacked." Mumbo mumbled under his breath, Doc looked like he wanted to throttle the other for the remark, though decided against it due to where they were going at the moment.

Almost there. Come on. We were almost at the edge of the birch forest as a faint voice echoed through it, their words weren't exactly audible but they sounded female.

Doc saw them first, a figure knelt beside Iskall. They were extremely tall, probably like 8 to 10 ft. Almost all their features were covered by a large silky white cloak that pooled at their feet on the glassy green grass. Though their ears were evident, they stuck out largely at the sides of their cloak. They were gorgeous massive elf like ears that were decorated with a wide assortment of jewellery.

The main thing that we all noticed was that their face wasn't covered by a mask and they boor no wings. That meant this was no Watcher.

"There we go... I'm sorry it's all I could do... you'll be ok though. Your friends will find you... and you'll wake up very soon." The figure whispered in the kindest and most gentle voice I had ever heard, then they simply disappeared, their body fading away into a green mist.

"What was that?" I questioned, I was extremely hesitant to walk out into the small clearing after seeing the figure, but evidently Doc wasn't.

"A Listener." Doc stated simply as he climbed over the bushes and over to the unconscious brunette.

"Huh... they seemed nice?" I mumbled awkwardly, I didn't really know what to say but they seemed seemed quite nice.

"Yeah. Listener's have always been neutral. They stand by and listen as players live their lives, simply staying silent and guarding the server from foe. Unlike Watchers." Doc explained as he lifted Iskall up off the ground bridal style.

"Oh...." I mumbled, as I simply stood beside him while he easily lifted the brunette.

"Why do you know so much about them." Mumbo questioned from behind us, his voice sounded stern yet still shaky from the previous events.

"I... spent a lot of time at the HQ, heard a lot of stories of everything they've done to help the admins." Doc stated, something in his tone seemed to immediately shut down the conversation.

The walk back was quiet and awkward. No one uttered a word after Doc had answered and Mumbo simply just stood beside him, only taking the random side glance every now and again to watch the Swede in the other's arms.

6 down... how many more will go?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Mmm... I was gonna kill him... but decided I can't just send him down to the Hermitcraft servers afterlife so... comatosed- eh. Also! This books first over 1000 word chapter- damn... why are all my chapters so short- anyways... yesh.

~Word Count: 1100~