Chapter 24

~3rd POV~

"I feel like this is counterproductive." Tango pointed out as he almost tripped over his own footing.

"We're better off getting help from the outside world than just being stuck here right?" Xisuma sighed as he turned back to what he was doing.

"But what if it does work, then what? We leave this place with 3 comatosed hermits, a comatosed Listener and 2 dead hermits? People will ask questions X. And they'll want answers." Cleo snapped at the admin, leaving everyone silent at the reality of her words.

"Cleo I know you miss Jevin but-"

"-No X! You don't get it! You didn't see their bodies and you didn't see the nightmare that was it all! No. No... you saw none of it...." Cleo screamed at the other, quickly allowing tears to pool and stream from her eyes as she began to shake violently over her words.

"Cleo I-"

"-X...." Joe signalled for him to stop as he wrapped his arms around Cleo, allowing her to snuggle into his neck while he whispered sweet nothings into her ear.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't there Cleo. And I'm so sorry that it happened. But there is nothing we can do to bring them back. It's best we escape then fall to the same fate. Would Jevin have wanted you to die too? Just because you wouldn't leave him behind?" X mumbled as he turned back to the portal.

"She's right X...." Tango sighed, his eyes directly inline with the admin's.

"She may be driven by grief right now but she's right. If we go back.... If we escape this place, people will ask questions. About how we didn't save them. About how you didn't protect them Xisuma. What will you say?" Tango questioned, his unwavering blood red eyes stared into the other like daggers.

"Tango I... I don't know...." X mumbled, as his eyes faltered away from the unnerving stare of the other.

"That's right X. You don't know. Maybe you should figure it out before you try anything to rash?" Tango sighed as he turned away from the other, beginning his treck back to Pearl's house.

"Tango please-"

"I'm going to check on Cleo. Have fun."

"I'm sorry...."

~xB POV~

"I think we just walked in a circle-"

"Shh. I know what I'm doing." EX hissed as he silenced the black cladded knight.

"We're lost-"

"Shhhh!"

"We're lost." Jevin whispered to me as he nudged oddly close to me.

"I realised that-"

"Shhhhhhh!" EX snapped at us.

"Come on! I saw another room with a book in it!" Jevin whisper yelled into my ear while he pulled on my arm.

"Fine, fine." I sighed as I followed the blue slime down a few corridors until we finally got to one of those grand halls.

"Damn I didn't think you actually were right-"

"-Don't doubt me!" Jevin laughed as he hit me on the back of the head.

"Whatever."

"Go read it!" He insisted while nudging me constantly closer to the pedestal.

"Fine." I sighed as I finished walking up to the book, it seemed to already be opened to chapter 2.

"I think this is the same book, but it's open to chapter 2-"

"Then read chapter 2!"

"Ok, ok!" I laughed as I turn my attention back to the page in front of me.

"Chapter 2-

The 1st Great War

Peace never truly lasts very long. And the past is no excuse. Within a few decades of the creation of the 3 sisters, war struck the Overworld, quickly tearing it apart.

The Watchers had grown bored waiting from the sidelines, they demanded action. They demanded respect. And with no one willing to give it, they took to making it happen. Quickly the Watchers took to tearing apart the Overworld and it's inhabitants.

This war was the first of many born from the Watchers greed, though it remains the most memorable of them all. As this war marked the first death of a Sister, Nazeera the Sister and leader of the Observers. Though her death was far from in vain, as in reality it lead to the ending of the decade long war.

Sister Nazeera of the Observers

Sister Rakeb of the Watchers

Sister Áidná of the Listeners

May the Overworld, End and Aether stay at peace for the rest of time."

"Well that last parts kinda redundant." Jevin laughed.

"Yeah... I don't think they expected yet another war after the Watcher sister perished." I pointed out.

"Eh whatever, we should probably go find EX and Hels now."

"Oh right."

"He's gonna be so mad!"

"That's your only goal here isn't it?"

"Of course! We're already dead, why not?"

"My Notch...."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Happy pride month! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Anyways- ye.

~Word Count: 820~