Chapter 41

TW: Abuse/Fighting and Slight Gory Description

~Other POV~

The air fell still as the two's eyes locked for the first time in years. One hoped last time would truly be the last, but here he was once again in this horrid place.

"Welcome home Xelqua!" The older man greeted as he walked over to the younger with his arms raised into the air.

"Let's get started then~" Xuan laughed as he tore the chains off the younger, though still leaving the cuffs. In an instant the room was empty. The guards had long since dispersed, leaving the mentor and mentee alone.

~TW Start~

Swiftly Xuan unsheathed his sword and attempted a blow to the other's side, but this was a fighting style the other had been forced to memorise. Almost as quickly as the other attacked the younger dodged.

"Good to see you still remember our training. But don't get to cocky." Xuan snickered as he took to taking a duel blow at the other. Though they were able to dodge the first attack the second landed a decently terrible blow to their side.

"You better get up!" Xuan exclaimed as he continued to pelt the younger with attacks while he tried to get off the ground.

"This is pathetic Xelqua!" The elder growled as he finally kicked the other in the stomach, sending a stream of blood to flow freely from his fresh wounds.

"I expect better." Xuan snapped as he turned to walk away, a few guards entering as he left.

~TW End~

The guards quickly took to cuffing the younger's feet and neck, along with a new set of chains to his wrists. As quickly as they entered, the guards left, now dragging a bloodied and bruised Watcher along behind them.

He expected them to stop in front of his room but they just kept going. Eventually, as they walked, he was dragged in front of a gorgeous stained glass window, it reached across the entire ballroom sized wall. Though the thing that caught the boy's attention wasn't the window itself, no. It was the beautiful, vast landscape beyond it. The end had always been quite an elegant and majestic realm, but he was never truly able to experience the wonders of the world outside the academy.

But his little day dream was cut short as the guards in front of him came to abrupt stop. Before them all stood a small door, leading into a decent sized concrete box of a room. The room only stood about 2m high and was about 3m by 3m in area.

"In." The guard behind him grunted as he shoved the smaller inside, hastily the guards took to hooking his chains to their designated hooks, before slamming the door shut behind them.

The room was barren, holding only a bed, toilet and sink. It reminded him a lot of a prison cell, though this one held only a small window that was completely barred off. The door was solid leaving the only light that entered the room to be coming from the small window.

"Huh... this feels about right." Xelqua sighed as he collapsed onto the wooden 'bed' with a soft grunt of pain.

"..."

~Small snippet for the next chapter!~

"The hell do you mean we're going to siege a fucking castle!"

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sorry for not posting yesterday? I just didn't have enough motivation I guess... but I only have one more week of classes before a 2 week break so that's a win I guess? Anyways hope you enjoyed this mildly concerning chapter!

~Word Count: 620~