Chapter 1

This takes place on the Northern part of the capital where in, Esdeath is just about to drive the Northern tribe away. :)

Chapter 1

"How's the operation going on?"

"Nice."

"Our defense is perfect. We'll wait for the empire's attack."

I heard the leaders of the army chattering about the empire's expected attack while I sat inside a tent, calmly sharping my swords.

I'm Raijyou Seika. I have jet black smooth but messy hair, well-pointed nose, fiercely sharp blue eyes which were bluer than the seas and richer than skies or so what people have been describing me. I don't really count the years I've lived for because I thought that it's stupid but, believe me when I say I'm still in my teens.

I'm living in the Northern side of the capital and I'm born in one of the strongest and the most eminent tribes of the north which was composed of strong soldiers, warriors, and armies thereby invading the empire.

I was called the "Akuma Ko" meaning Demon Child the moment I was born. And that's because, my mother died, giving birth to me, my father was nowhere to be found after that, and I had the hexagram mark implanted on me, just at the side of my neck. They usually call it, The Seal of Solomon in some religions and it depicts Demon. But, the way they treat me is the opposite of what you think. I was treated well and properly.

Well, I should be treated as an outcast because, demons imposed suffering, don't they? I was born with physical abilities, exceeding a normal human. I was blessed with sharper and better senses than that of an average human. Therefore, destruction is easy for me to bring upon them. But, it was due to this one person that I was treated equally.. Our leader, Our Hero, and my most precious older brother, Numa Seika.

I remembered his words when he saved me from being outcasted..

If light can't defeat the dark then, something darker can defeat itself.

He told the people that having me on their side will increase his army's strength. And so, I must become darker to defeat the dark. He said that there will be a day where I will be the one to save them from the enemies and I solely believed that.

Numa, the greatest leader of the North and the greatest threat to the empire, adopted me and raised me as his own brother. He trained me well and taught me everything I need to know. He accepted me and loved me for who I am so, I was very happy to be in his care. And so, I promised that I will never be useless to him and that, I offer my life to only him.

I'm telling you, my brother is really strong. He is a brilliant tactical genius which led to an unbeatable force, crushing all of our enemies. Him, holding his spear, has never lost a battle. Not even once. I'm very proud of him.

"Hey, brother."

A man came inside my tent as I was just about to finish sharpening my sword. Turning my head, I met my older brother, Numa.

"Hey, bro." I exclaimed, cheerfully greeting him.

"What are you doing there?" He asked, grabbing my bottle from the table and drinking water from it.

"Just sharpening weapons. How's the plan going?" I asked.

He took the bottle back and sat beside me, giving me a proud smile.

"Going great." He said. "This plan is gonna be awesome. I assure you, we will win and take over the empire. Then, we won't suffer from heavy taxes, and poverty anymore."

I chuckled gently, seeing how happy he looks as he talks about victory.

"I'm expecting that." I said, nodding a bit with a grin.

"I'm gonna need you though. You'll sorta be like, our trump card." He stated, punching my shoulder.

"Whatever you need me for, I'm on it."

"Thanks, brother. Anyway, come with us to the meeting in thirty minutes. I'll just take this thing to Rena." He said, standing up while bringing a beautiful necklace made of flowers.

"Oh yeah, that's right. It's your anniversary, ain't it?" I said as I stood up as well.

"Yeah.." He flushed red, wearing a smile.

Yeah, he has a beautiful fiancée. He loves her very deeply and the same goes for her. I like them both together especially when Numa is very happy.

He turned around to leave but suddenly stopped midway. He walked back to me, with a stern expression.

"Something wrong, bro?" I asked.

"Raijyou, my brother.." He said as he placed his two hands on my shoulders. "Would you listen to my request?"

"Sure. Anything for you, bro." I agreed with a small smile on my face.

"Promise me one thing.. Promise me that you'll protect Rena with all your might.." He said, sounding very serious.

I can't help but be perplexed by his words and the way he acts.

"Well, I accept that promise but.. What are you talking about, bro? It's almost as if, you're saying goodbye.." I said, my expression turning anxious. "What happened to the calm and proud Numa that I know?"

He let his hands fall on his sides and released a loud and deep sigh while staring at the blue sky. A clear smoke came out of his mouth as his warm breath mixes in the air.

"Actually.. I'm not very confident about this one. Yes, we are strong but, this time, the capital is sending their strongest general to come and fight us. I don't plan on telling this to everyone, including you for I know that you all might lose hope and run away. I told this only to you because, I just couldn't take it anymore.. All of you are expecting too much of me.. What if I let you down?" He said with his eyes turning depressed.

I slapped his back strongly and was extremely shocked by my actions. My eyes narrowed down into a glare as the tension increases.

"This is not the Numa I know. Numa is cool, strong, and unparalleled. He is the great hero of the North and he will never lose to anybody just like that." I said, staring at the sky. "He's my role model and everyone wishes to be just like him."

I looked at him and gave him a big smile while cheerfully snickering.

"He's also the greatest older brother in the world." I said with a cheeky smile on my face.

He released a chuckle and wrapped his arm around my neck and started ruffling my hair roughly.

"You brat! You really know how to get on my good side!" He exclaimed, making my hair as messy as he could.

"Haha! Then, give me your dinner later!" I laughed.

"No way!"

We both laughed loudly as we stared at the sky. As our laughter subsides, I told him something.

"Bro, promise me something." I said. "Promise me that you'll come back alive."

He chuckled and smiled.

"That's unfair. We should promise each other that we'll both come back alive." He said giving me his hand. "What do you say?"

I gave him a big smile and shook his hand.

"I promise you, bro!"

We exchanged promises like our life depended on it. We both have the determination to live. We will be alive no matter what and we'll both protect what's important to us. With the intensity in our eyes and the fiery small hope in our hearts, we put faith in each other's promises.

But.. Little did we know.. A catastrophe we never expected is bound to happen.

End of Chapter 1

The first few chapters of this story is probably a bit lazy to read. But, it'll get better soon. I mean, I'll try to. Hahaha!

Stay right, people. :>