Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(Raijyou)

"Become my pet."

Her voice sounding so nonchalant, made it look so simple. But, becoming her pet is very difficult to be. I narrowed my eyes in anger.

"What..?" I exclaimed through gritted teeth.

"If you become my pet, I'll let this girl live and at the same time, you'll also live. Isn't that a good bargain?" She said.

"I won't stoop so low as becoming one of your bullsh*t." I said, my rage burning inside of me.

"Then, would you rather be both dead?" She asked, aiming her sword on her neck. "I can kill you and her right here, right now."

Rena-san shivered in fear as she gazed at me with begging eyes, pleading for help. I can't help but remember my brother and I can't stand seeing her feel so threatened.

"W-Wait!" My voice sounding forced. "Don't you dare hurt her..!"

"Then, a yes it is?" She asked

"No!" I declined. "I will not become your pet!"

She let out a sigh, her expression turning sour. She placed the blade on Rena-san's neck, cutting a bit of her skin. The blood started oozing out as Rena-san started tearing in fear.

What should I do?! If I don't become her pet, Rena-san and I will die!!

"Ugh..!!" Rena-san exclaimed, as she quivered up.

"Wait, stop!" I yelled angrily.

She stopped her actions and evilly grinned at me. Her expression asked me for an answer.

"P-Please give some time to think.." I begged. "Please.."

I hanged my head lowly as I pleaded her for some time.

I don't want to become her pet! I can't do it that easily!

"Then, 10 seconds is given." She said. "It starts now."

Sh*t! What should I do?! I need to think fast..! If I become her pet then, it'll just be like living without a soul! I'll be controlled by her and she'll just treat me like a pest! What should I do?! If I don't submit myself to her, Rena-san and I will be killed!

I won't be able to fulfill my promise to Numa!

Wait, can I kill her at all?!

"Three.."

Oh, crap! The time is running!

I felt my sweat trailing down from my head to my neck.

Damn it! I have to decide! Think fast!!

I looked at her and examined her.

As I gazed at her, a demonic aura appeared around her. Her aura made me feel overwhelmed and intimidated me.

Her power was overflowing and in just one glance, I knew both Rena-san and I will be killed! Definitely.

"Two.."

I got afraid as I stared at her. My hands started to shiver and my heart started beating hastily, making me demand more oxygen.

"One.."

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth as I realize only one answer in my head.

I'm still so weak..!! I can't defeat her..!

"Zero.." She said, a dangerous smirk forming in her lips. "And what will it be?"

"I.. I'll do it." I forced myself to speak. "I'll become your pet."

The moment I said that, I felt my pride being crushed which hurts so much. My heart sank to the deepest depths as I felt so low about myself.

"Well, well. As expected of you." She said. "Now, move forward."

Though it hurts a lot, I obediently obeyed her command. I walked forward, hanging my head lowly.

"Kneel before me." She ordered.

I did as I was told and kneeled before her. Her soldiers looking at me made me feel so humiliated and hurt.

"Now, show your loyalty." She commanded, stepping her foot out.

I felt so angry and ashamed at myself. I never wanted to be like this.. I want to live victoriously and never defeatedly.. I felt a tear slipping out from the corner of my eye as I bended lowly and slowly brought my body on the ground and head to her foot.

But.. Regardless of the shame, pain, and suffering, I will save Rena-san no matter what happens..!

I brought my lips closer and hesitatingly kissed her foot as the tears splashed on the ground. It feels to humiliating to see them gazing at me with insulting eyes. I feel so angry at myself for submitting to the destroyer of my home, let alone, the killer of my brother..!

I'm sorry, bro.. I was weak..!!

"Nice work." She said as she kneeled on one knee and placed a collar on my neck with a chain connecting to it. "Dog."

I gritted my teeth in anger as I heard her saying that. She stood up and pulled the chain on my collar, telling me to stand up.

"Mission accomplished!" She yelled pleasingly, sounding more than satisfied.

Her men roared and cheered for their victory as I hanged my head lowly, feeling so ashamed of myself. I saw Rena-san crying through the corner of my eye. I looked away and closed my eyes, feeling hurt and humiliated..

I'm such a failure..! I don't even deserve to be by Rena-san's side!

(Esdeath)

I pulled him through my chain as we walked out of the Fortified City, bringing all our weapons and defenses back with us to the capital. On the way, I met up with my three subordinates. I saw Daidara being supported by River as they walked.

"Oh, what happened?" I asked him.

"Oh, it's nothing, Esdeath-sama. I'll heal up soon." He answered.

"Who is responsible for this?" I asked.

"I'm ashamed to say.. Your pet mainly did this damage to me." He said, pertaining to the man I'm pulling with me.

I looked at him and he still hanged his head down. To think that Daidara would be hurt this much by him.. He's probably really good in fighting. Looks like I wasn't wrong at all in choosing him as my pet.

"Next time, be careful." I said to Daidara.

"Yes, of course." He said as he bowed his head.

I had my new pet taken to the cage as we rode back to the capital. Hehehe.. I wonder what I should do to my new pet..?

End of Chapter 6