Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Raijyou)

We were all gathered at one long table, the light of the candle flickering, and only discussions can be heard. Numa sat right at the head of the table while I sat at his right side, listening intently. We could feel the heavy atmosphere as everyone was wearing their serious gazes.

"Tomorrow is the day, the war and bloodshed commences. This will be our strategy."

Numa rolled a long paper on the table revealing our positions. I found myself being positioned in front, at the center.

"Rick, you will be the one who will secure our defense at the back. And also Caine."

"Yes!"

"Garu, at the side. Take care of the enemies who will ambush us."

"Yes."

"Minko, at the other side of Garu. Take care of the enemies there and secure our escape route."

"I understand."

Suddenly Numa looked at me with stern eyes and I gave him the same look as I waited for his instructions.

"And, Raijyou. You will be at the center, the penetrator of their defense." He stated, pointing at my position on the strategy written on the paper.

The people around the table began to murmur with worried look on their faces.

"Penetrator of their defense means that.."

"He'll be the decoy?"

"More like, he'll be the sacrifice.."

Numa propped his hands on his chin and narrowed his eyes, wearing a menacing smirk. In times like this, he gets really riled up and his character become really professional and very clever.

"Are you sure about this, leader?" One of them asked worriedly. "He's your brother."

"I don't care." Numa said. "I didn't raise him to be loved and protected. I raised him to be useful."

I fully understood that I will be the sacrifice for this operation. I will be the one receiving and taking care of all their soldiers as they move forward to kill the enemy's general. And, I understood that having me will be a great chance towards victory. Besides, I promised him that I'd come back alive so there's no way I'll die. This is one thing I like about Bro.. He's not biased and very fair.

I snorted and let out a haughty smirk.

"I accept every command of the leader." I proudly said. "I'm just a pawn, hey. No big deal."

"Eh?! But, aren't you afraid to lose one of your comrades, especially your brother--" Garu said anxiously to my brother.

"Settle down, Garu. Raijyou is my brother. Who do you think we are? I raised him just like how I took care of myself. He's not just some nobody. He's my brother!" He stated. "I believe in him and so must all of you."

They all heard his wise words and obediently accepted it. Strength returned into their gazes as they all put their heads on the mission.

"How about you, leader?"

"I will take care of their general so, there's nothing to worry about." He answered. "This will be a tough operation so, all of those weak hearted pack your bags and go home."

He said that but, none of us left. A smirk formed on his lips as all of the men gathered here are brave and strong. They were determined to fight and ready to risk everything they've got to obtain the freedom we all awaited for.