Chapter 22

Chapter 22

(Esdeath)

When Lucifer's eyes adjusted to the dark, his pupils dilate when he saw me being straddled by him. His eyes widened and quickly loosened his grip and immediately scooted away from me. He quickly bowed his head in dogeza style, his head touching the bed, and said, "I am very very sorry!"

A chuckle slipped out of my lips as I sat down.

(Raijyou)

With my heart beating fast, fearing for my life, I bowed my head to the lowest until it touched the bed. I have done something so outrageous and especially to my master yet. God, I'm such an idiot.

"I am very sorry! It was out of reflex!" I exclaimed.

"That was really unexpected and rude, don't you think, Lucifer?" she said in a calm tone but, that makes it more dangerous. She looks at me with the same old narrow and cold eyes with a calm gesture.

"Yes, I understand. I will accept any form of punishment as you wish," I said in a humble tone.

My God, I'm basically telling her to kill me right now. What the hell am I doing? I can't believe I'm blaming my reflexes just now. This is mortifying.

"I understand that it was just out of reflex. I mean, I'm a fighter too and I have the same reaction whenever I feel hostility. So, I guess I won't place the blame on you then."

A gave me a small smile while she crossed her legs, looking calm. "I.. I really am sorry, Esdeath-sama.. Thank you for your consideration. Is there anything I could do to compensate my mistake?"

"Hmmmm," she exclaimed while putting her hand on her chin in the act of thinking. "Then, I would like you to answer some of my questions."

"Uh.. What would they be?" I asked reluctantly.

"First and for most, what is your type of girl?" she asked straight to the point.

I flinched in surprise. I was really confused by the way she acted today. She seemed awfully kind and calm.. There's definitely something wrong with her.

"I-Is that really necessary?" I inquired as I looked down.

"Yes. Answer right away, Lucifer. I haven't much time here."

"U-Um.. S-Someone who's kind and thoughtful?" I replied hesitantly while I felt the heat rushing up to my cheeks.

"How about in physical appearance? Innocent or naughty?"

"Eh?!" I jerked up in surprise. "Uh.. It doesn't really matter.."

"Plump or skinny?"

"Either is fine.." I shyly answered.

"Long hair or short hair?" she continued asking me.

"Uh.. Long?"

"Smart or beautiful?"

"I guess, I like smart girls.." I said as I averted my eyes away.

"Big boobs or big ass?"

"Huh?!" I exclaimed while cringing as the blood rushed all the way to my face. "What kind of question is that?!"