Chapter 18

Chapter 18

(Raijyou)

Whilst breathing heavily, I forced myself to stand up to face the grunting demon. As my eyes were eventually becoming blurred due to the lost of blood, I held my ground, as I tried to form a Teigu in my mind.

I remembered the Teigu from the book known as Extase, as I pictured it in my mind. With my last remaining strength, I gathered up some power to form the big scissors in my hand.

I felt my energy draining from me as I forced more of my spiritual energy to summon the huge scissor. As soon as the Extase appeared from my hand, it was wrapped up in blue flames and my hexagram mark was reacting with it, stinging my neck with pain.

I gritted my teeth to ignore the pain and proceed with the plan. As the beast was charging towards me, I raised the teigu into the air and yelled, "Blinding Light!"

The scissor shone so bright, it almost blinded me as well. As I activated the trump card, my power died out, with the scissor vanishing from my hands. As the foe freaked out, struggling with its blinded vision, I saw Akame striking her sword deep down into the beast's head.

"Obliterate successful," she murmured.

Feeling relieved, I felt my body becoming numb, weak, and motionless as the blood continued to flowed out of my broken ribs. I collapsed to the ground, my vision slowly being devoured by darkness.

"Raijyou!" I heard her calling my name in anxiety.

As she was about to run towards me, I my eyelids fell and instantly surrounded my vision with darkness.

(Akame)

I ran towards him and quickly elevated his head into my arms. His wound was quite deep just as the blood was gushing out of the side of his chest.

He was unconscious, his lips going pale, and his hands slowly becoming cold.

"Raijyou! Wake up," I raised my voice as I slightly shook him.

But, he wouldn't.

I felt my heart throbbing inside my chest as I see him lying on my arms, his eyes closed, and his breathing weakens. I felt afraid to lose this newly comrade of mine who risked his own life to save me.

To be honest, I could've dodged the attack because I felt the presence of the monster. I was waiting for the right timing to turn around and kill it but, Raijyou pushed me away.

Though, it was really stupid, I felt his need to save a comrade and I deduced into a conclusion that he could be trusted.

And now he's in grave danger and I couldn't protect him properly.

I could see the future where this will lead to, just by looking at his face. He will die if I don't do something.

I must save his life!

(Leone)

Right after I came back from scouting our target, I felt my usual cravings of booze. I went straight to boss' secret stash of alcohol and went ahead to snatch one. I glug it down and let out a huge satisfied sigh.

"Whew! This really sets me up!" I exclaimed. But then, all of a sudden, I heard a loud thud coming from the living room. Oh, is someone back already? I rushed towards the living room n excitement and said, "Hey welcome back-- Oh?!"

My eyes enlarged as I see Akame struggling with carrying an unconscious Raijyou on her back. She was breathing heavily as her sweat was running down her forehead. It's really unusual for Akame to be like this. Is Raijyou really that heavy?