Chapter 17

Chapter 17

(Raijyou)

Rubbing my eyes, I woke up from the sofa where I slept. Beside me was Lubbo whose drool was dripping down to his chin. Mine was sleeping at the next long sofa just beside ours. Then, Leone was sleeping while strangling Tatsumi unconsciously at the next couch. And based on Tatsumi's face, he was having a nightmare.

I chuckled at his struggles and proceeded to the kitchen to get some water. Entering the kitchen, I found Akame holding a plate of apples on her hand.

"Oh, you're awake," she exclaimed in her expressionless face and monotonous tone.

"Yeah. I was thirsty," I replied. "And you're here, eating so early in the morning."

"It's none of your business."

I grabbed a glass of water as she began peeling those apples. I drank the whole down and stood beside her because I wanted to ask something from her.

"Say, what are you gonna do after this fighting is all over?" I asked nonchalantly.

"I want to board a ship and travel all over the world with everyone," she replied, a small smile was forming in her lips as she began to fantasize her dream.

Her eyes were fixated on the apple but, it spoke of her dream and it was blinking with bliss. She seemed really happy about it.

"Cheesy," I teased while chuckling.

"It's not," she retorted while giving me an irritated eye.

Right after she peeled and sliced an apple, I took it and chomped it down in one bite. She gave me an angry glare while I smirked at her.

"Are you trying to agitate me?" she uttered in a low but annoyed tone.

"Am not." I playfully smirked at her while chewing the apple inside my mouth.

I grabbed the other apple and took the knife from her hand. I peeled it and said, "You know, for a ruthless killer, to have a cheesy dream like that is rather cute." Right after I peeled it, I sliced the apple and feed it to her mouth.

"Guess you're not as scary as I thought you'd be," I exclaimed while cheekily smiling.

She bit the apple and the rest of the fruit fell down on the plate. Then, she shot me a killer glare indicating that I was getting under her skin.

"I bet your dream is cheesier than mine," she hissed.

"Yep," I replied, smiling at her. "To die for the freedom of the people. That is my dream."

I turned around and started leaving. I knew that I promised my brother that I will live. But, on the way, I realized that I will have to face the strongest evil generals and it will surely mean my death. At the very least, for as long as I'm alive, I will do everything I can to protect and free the people who are trampled on.

(Esdeath)

It's already morning and Lucifer still hasn't come back. Did he thought of running away? Was it wrong to let him investigate alone?

Hmm, I should've placed a tracker on him. I forgot that he's quite the rascal too. He's strong willed and could get disobedient. Oh well, when I heard news that he's rebelling against us, I'll kill him on spot even if he was a good pawn for our forces.

But, at least, I'll send some guards after him and have them investigate about his whereabouts. After all, I wouldn't want to lose such a good chess piece. He carries the Lost Teigu and we could be invincible if he teams up with us. If he sides with the revolutionist army, our chances of winning will greatly decrease.