Chapter 23

Chapter 23

(Raijyou)

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice slightly shaky. "Go back."

"Yes, not without your head, though," she nonchalantly replied.

She held a tight grip on her sword, unsheathing it as she gave me an angry glare.

"Look, I know you saw me going with Esdeath but, this isn't the time to be killing me now. I don't intend to betray you," I said convincingly.

"Like I would believe you. You saw our territory and now that I know you're one of our enemies, I will kill you without any hesitation," she sternly said as she pointed her sword at me.

"I would never expose your territory. Believe me Akame."

"Sorry but, I can't overlook your sin. Let me obliterate you."

She suddenly dashed towards me and I quickly dodged it by moving to the side. But, my wound was still in pain so, it was at my disadvantage.

"Stop, Akame! I don't wanna fight you." I said as I move about, dodging her attacks.

"I don't wanna fight you too but, you leave me with no choice. Eliminate!" She strikes her sword down to me but, I jumped to the side.

But then, I did not realize that there was a huge rock beside me so, I hit it with my rib, the blood gushing out of my wound. "Ow! What the--"

She gave me a kick right at my head, sending me down on my back flatly, on the ground.

She stood on top of me, pointing her sword at my face with a killer glare. "Any last words?"

She seemed really determined to kill me just as her red eyes never wavered. I found her resolve and she wished to kill me.

Fine then..

I returned the gaze at her and said, "I won't fight back. Kill me if you wish. I just want you to know that.. I wanted to protect you and the others.. It was short but, it was definitely fun."

"It was fun too, not until you betrayed us."

She raised her sword into the sky, wanting to strike it down into my heart. "Goodbye, Raijyou."

All of a sudden, I heard rustlings and heavy footsteps like a group was coming from far away. "Hello! Is someone there?" I heard Wave's voice called.

My eyes widened in surprise and immediately got up to push Akame down, not minding my grave injury in my rib.

"What are you doing--"

I covered her mouth and pulled her towards me while we hide behind the huge green bush near the river.

"Keep your voice down, enemy's coming." I lowly whispered into her ear.

She suddenly bite my hand and was really painful. I almost wailed in pain but, I managed to keep my tone down.

"What the hell did you just do?" I whispered angrily.

"Don't cover my mouth. I know what's going on, idiot."

The footsteps become closer and suddenly, I heard Ran's voice saying, "I could smell a trail of blood from somewhere."

Oh, shit! Was that my wound? If we don't move, Akame and I will be busted. She needs to get away from here as soon as possible.

And.. if she keeps on getting into my business, she will be in danger. If she and I would exchange trusts again, it will be harder for her to kill me and we would both be exposed and put our lives in danger.