Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Raijyou)

As we were walking along the streets, Esdeath saw an ice cream shop. She bought an ice cream and surprisingly, she handed out an ice cream to me.

"You want me to hold this for you?" I asked.

"Stupid. I want you to eat it." She said, licking on her own ice cream.

"B-But.. I'm just your--"

"Stop complaining and accept my good will. Go on and help yourself, I know that you're pretty tired from training." She said, smiling.

"T-Thanks.." I mumbled, taking the ice cream from her hand.

I licked on it and it's really tasty. Quite a good flavor..
As I licked on the cool ice cream, I suddenly the chill of an intent to kill.

I hastily looked around, searching for the origin of the bloodlust.

"Esdeath-sama.." I called her.

She calmly licked on her ice cream but, I can see it in her eyes that she's excited. She's countering the murderous intent with also her own bloodlust.

"I know." She answered calmly.

After a few seconds, it disappeared.

"Oh, what a waste. I was hoping for some surprise." She said, sighing.

She's not alarmed at all. It's abnormal. She really is the strongest general in the capital.. She's probably even worth calling the Monster.

"Anyway, let's get back to work." She said as she stood up.

As we were walking along the streets of the capital, some people were eyeing on me as they saw me as some new pet dog of the general.

I couldn't help but be a bit embarrassed from their stares.

"Say, Lucifer.." Esdeath exclaimed.

I looked at her and paused for her to finish speaking. She looked really engrossed with it as her cheeks flushed a bit pink while her head floats on cloud nine.

"Have you ever thought of falling in love?" She asked me.

Her question slightly too me by surprise causing me to start feeling awkward.

"I did not.." I answered her in a low tone. "For someone like me, it doesn't matter anymore.."

"Poor dog." She said as she started ruffling my hair. "Well, I'm sure you'll find a mate with that face of yours. If I set you free though."

I slightly jerked my hand away from her hand as I started to feel annoyed. No one touches my head like that.

"And of all people, you're thinking of falling in love? That's quite ridiculous--" I exclaimed while chuckling as I couldn't help myself.

"What did you say, dog?" Esdeath gave me her death glare.

Her eyes expressed the intent to kill as her pupils dilate and darken further.

I flinched in fear and averted my eyes from her and covered my mouth. What have I done?! Stupid Raijyou!

"Hmm~ In this case, I would have beaten you up." She said as her murderous intent died out. "But, I know that you're tired from all that harsh training. You're my servant and if I abuse you too much, you won't be able to produce work. Next time, I'm gonna punish you so, choose your words carefully, Lucifer."

She patted my shoulder but, she held a stern face. Her eyes softened a bit and her the dark miasma around calmed down. I bowed my head in apology and silently thanked her for not killing me on the spot.