Chapter 8

Chapter 8

(Esdeath)

"Please excuse me, your highness. I have some taming to do." I said as I bowed.

"Oh, good luck with that, General." He said.

I stood up and turned around to leave. I followed the soldier who has just reported.

We ran at a fast pace until we reached the palace's 5th courtyard. Just a few meters away, the smell of fresh copper scent welcomed me as we approached the location.

As we reached the place, my eyes widened in shock as I see a the courtyard filled with countless corpses of the soldiers, the whole courtyard almost drowned with a sea of blood.

"Guaah!" A soldier suddenly flew in the air and dropping in front me of with his blood spilling everywhere.

But what surprised me the most is.. I see a black figure of a man standing in the middle of all the fresh carcasses, surrounded in crystals of ice.

As I come into a closer view, I see the man covered in blood, gazing at me with his fiery and spirited blue eyes. His dark miasma was everywhere and it doesn't seem like a weak one. But rather a very dark, ominous, and demonic aura.

A demon's spirit is like within him, controlling him and emitting a very strong amount of power.

Hmm~ Interesting.. To think that he also has the power of ice. A teigu user?

Let's see what you've got. Dog.

I dashed at him at full speed. Drawing my sword, I slashed him at the side, leaving him distracted because of the pain.

I threw a kick, aiming at his stomach but, he saw my movements and immediately released an ice wall to protect him.

Nice play but, not good enough. Using the ice wall to my advantage, I jumped on it and showered him with spikes made of ice.

He jumped backwards, dodging it.

"Grrrr..." He growled lowly but furiously.

Hehe, looks like he's snapped.

I smirked at him to provoke him. He started acquiring power for a few seconds as I watched him in amusement, waiting for the next move he does.

Out of nowhere, a huge block of ice appeared on top of me. Without a second thought, it dropped down, aiming for me but, I was able to react really fast.

I jumped back and suddenly, I felt a murderous intent behind me. A smirk crept on my lips as I made a backflip, putting my hands on his shoulders to support my body in mid air.

Once I landed perfectly, I aimed for his nape and used a strong force, thus making him unconscious.

His was about to fall on the ground when I quickly caught him in my arm.

This guy's even more interesting than I thought. There's a lot about him that I must know.. I'll have a little chat with him in the torture chamber..

A giggle escaped my lips as I dragged him with me to my favorite room.

(Raijyou)

I felt my hands tied tightly on something. My ankles were tied on something as well.. This made me assume that I was sitting on a chair with my wrists and ankles tied to the chair's arms and legs.

I felt a cold metal wrapping my neck and a chain connecting to my body.

I fluttered my eyes open as I realized I was in a room. A dark room filled with weapons and peculiar machines probably used for torturing people.

I cringed in fear, my heart beating fast. W-What's going on?! Am I gonna be tortured?!

"It seems that you're awake." A woman's voice echoed through the room.

There was a loud clap of a book closing before I heard her heels clacking as she walks towards my direction. I lifted my head to see her, the blue haired demon making her way towards me.

"Dog." She said, an insulting grin creeping on her lips.

She stood in front of me with a menacing smile on her face as I gritted my teeth furiously at her for ridiculing me.

"You've proven your great strength by killing about 30 elite soldiers and 40 foot soldiers. Well done, dog." She said, ruffling my hair using her hand.

I roughly shook my head to keep her hands away from me and I glared at her with anger.

"And it seems that I have little knowledge about you." She said as she walked around me.

She suddenly tapped the side of my neck with her index finger, my skin feeling a bit hot in reaction with her cold fingertip.

"Where did you get this?" She asked, pertaining to the hexagram mark on the side of my neck.

I kept my eyes to the opposite side to express my uncooperativeness. I won't just submit myself to you just because I agreed to become your pet.

"You're.." She trailed off by sighing. "Really stubborn."

She went in front of me and suddenly, she slapped my cheek really hard that it made me face to my side. I slowly hanged my head down, my cheek pounding really hard. I felt my cheek swelling a bit from the impact of her slap.

She grabbed my chin in between her index finger and her thumb and arched it upwards to make me face her properly.

"I'm your master so, you should answer me like you should do." She gazed at me with furious eyes and let out a dark murderous intent.

My lips stretched into a grin as I scoffed.

"Answer you? Aren't I supposed to be your dog?" I chuckled as I smirked at her. "Have you forgotten that dogs can't speak?"

A menacing smirk crept on her lips due to my resolve.

"Testing my patience, aren't you?" She said.

She slowly drew her sword and pointed it towards me, its sharp edge under my chin.

"Let's see how well you'll act as a dog right now." She said, grinning evilly.

I felt a sweat dripping down from the side of my forehead to my neck as I felt scared. But rather than showing I was frightened, a smirk formed on my lips.

"Snapped already? Heh, you aren't as tough as I thought." I said.

Her murderous miasma rose into the air, intimidating me. I felt frightened to lose my dear life as I saw a furious demon in front of me.

At a very fast speed, she swung her sword that I didn't even see it. I closed my eyes, thinking that she was aiming for my neck to chop my head off.

I felt a slight stinging pain on my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes as I realized I was still breathing.

She haughtily smirked at me.

"You act all brave and strong but in reality, you're just afraid of dying." She said. "If you want to stay alive and keep your promise to your brother, you better comply to my demands without any complaints."

"Tch.." I exclaimed as I hanged my head down, feeling irritated as I couldn't do anything against her.

She placed her hand on my head and suddenly pulled my hair up to face her. A murderous smirk met my eyes.

"Are we clear?" She asked, her tone making me filled with terror.

"Y-Yes.." I answered in defeat.

End of Chapter 8