Chapter 18

Optimus was trapped. His limbs were restrained with thick webbing, keeping him in place, no matter how much he struggled. Optimus fought his bindings the best he could.

How long? It was hard to say. Time was a blur.

His entire frame was battered and dented, leaking energon, noticeable puncture wounds peeking from underneath his armor.

Everything was distorted making him lightheaded.

The floor was less solid and sturdy and more uneven and wavy, like a stormy sea.

The ceiling was rising and falling as well as if it was alive, inciting a claustrophobic feeling.

Beyond the floor and ceiling, everything was dark. But he could make out somethingred optics that would appear in the dark, staring at him menacingly.

"Oh Optimus..."

Optimus looked up, the movement agonizing. Elita

A face appeared from the shadows, her face, without the mask, a reminder of his failure. She smiled wide, so wide that her face looked like it might split. There was insane rage burning in those multiple optics. Optimus looked at her, wanting to apologize, wanting to make things right, but he knew no amount of apologizing could ever fix what he destroyed.

Still smiling, She spoke. "About time you suffered just as I had..."

Suddenly, from the shadows, multiple red dots lit up, completely surrounding Optimus. He could hear their hungry chitter, a soft buzz that turned into a deafening roar. They advanced on him, their hairy bodies fumbling over each other as they swarmed Optimus, mandibles sinking into him, tearing into his body, ripping him apart, energon spraying everywhere.

But throughout the whole ordeal Optimus didnt struggle.

Optimuss optics flew open as he jolted, however, he found his movements hindered.

Webbing.

Restraints.

There was a moment in his mind where reality and dream seemed to meld and the belief that he was only going to continue experiencing his personal prison.

A pained groan snapped him from his disoriented stated. Turning his helm to the side, he saw Bumblebee. To his other side was Prowl. Both were tied up in the same manner as him. Seeing this sight, finally woke Optimus up fully, realizing this was not a nightmare. Everything that happened leading up to him being knocked out crashed into him. His helm pounded from the concussion he received but no time to worry about that now.

"Prowl? Bumblebee?" He called through grit denta, struggling against his bonds.

They both didnt respond.

"Prowl! Bumblebee! Please wake up!" He called urgently.

Still nothing.

"Don't expect them waking up any time soon."

That voice...

Optimus turned to see Elita standing in front of him, as if she had always been there.

The setting was eerily similar to his not so far moments in the unconscious realm. Him being restrained. Her standing tall and looking down in hate. Him at her mercy.

But the atmosphere was not as dark and foreboding, nor were the shadows consuming every inch of the room. He could easily see this as some type of lab. Above all, the most noticeable distinction was how the air didn't cling with impending doom. Rather, it was more akin to bleakness, emptiness.

Elita was angry with him, but it was dry anger, not bloodlust. She was composed, watching him with optics deriding him from underneath that helmet.

Optimus stayed silent, fixing his gaze with hers, no thoughts going through his processor, no words coming from his vocal cords. They both stayed still, waiting for one or the other to make the next move.