Chapter 2

A high-pitched scream startled Blackarachnia out of her slumber. Immediately going on the defensive, still in her spider form she back flipped off of her web and landed on the ground looking as menacing as ever.
However, instead of the attack she expected she found the young girl she saved the previous night.

The child only screamed more as Blackarachnia came nearer. She scooted back on the comfy bed of silk, trying to get as far away from the techno-organic as possible, but she got no further as her back met the rocky cave wall. The little child stared, big round hazel eyes filled with fear. Arachnia moved closer to the child. The girl whimpered in fear. "P-please...don't eat me."

If she could she would have given the child the 'Really?' look but sadly that was not possible in her spider form. Arachnia transformed into robot mode. The child stared, transfixed and silent. A servo on her hip and her dermas set in an unamused frown, Arachnia said to the child: "Believe me, the very last the thing I want to do is consume some contaminated organic."

The girl stared in an awestruck silence. "You're...one of those big robots that came from space!" Her voice sounded excited.

"I...suppose you could say that..."

The little girl jumped up, all indications of fear gone and replaced with giddy excitement as she grinned up at the femme bot. "That is so cool! Are you an Auto...Auto..." The child had trouble remembering the name.

Arachnia tilted her helm. "Autobot?" She offered.

"Yeah! Are you an Autobot?"

"No," Arachnia replied laconically.

Confusion fell over the girl's face. "Then what are you?"

"Do you know what a Decepticon is?" Arachnia asked being cautious.

"Uh...no..."

"Well I'm a Decepticon."

This only caused the child to grow more confused. "What's a Decepticon?"

"Another kind of big robot that comes from space." It was not exactly a lie, but it was not the whole truth either. There was no point in telling the girl the truth about who, or what, she really was. It surprised Arachnia how despite her initial terror the child was now speaking to her casually, all evidence of fear gone. Most would have remained unease with her presence. She supposed it was simply because the child was young and therefore naive. She felt it was better the child remained unaware for if the child learned the truth that Decepticons were war mongering terrorists, she would no doubt become fearful and overall more difficult to manage. Quite frankly, Arachnia was not in the mood of dealing with irrational bratty sparklings.

"What's your name?" The girl asked.

The sound broke Arachnia out of her thoughts as she looked closely down at the small human. "The name's Blackarachnia kid."

The child gave her a funny look. "That's a long name," she said.

"Yeah, yeah," Arachnia muttered, rolling her optics. "What about you? What are you called?"

The child sat up straighter. "My name's Kelly," she declared proudly before becoming suddenly awkward. "Uh... Miss? I hope you don't mind me asking but how did I get here? And...where are my clothes?..."

Arachnia knelt down to be at better level with the small human as she elucidated of what had transpired the night before. "I found you in the woods. You were unconscious, freezing cold and close to death."

The girl, Kelly, whimpered in fear at the thought of death.

Arachnia continued. "I brought you back here. As for your clothes, well, they are completely drenched. You had to be taken out of them, if you had remained in them any longer your condition would have only worsened."