Chapter 7

About a month had passed by since Arachnia took Kelly in. Living with a human child was no simple task. Arachnia had to obtain food supplies and materials essential to support Kelly. Of course, most of this was obtained by stealing from campers or raiding a gas station or two of its content, but it was well worth it. Though, Arachnia brought provisions for the child, she never revealed how they were only obtained by unlawful means. But Kelly was young and naive, not even bothering to ask where her new guardian got the stuff from. There was also a bit of a learning curve. Arachnia had come to understand which foods were best to give Kelly and at what times. Why was it so important that she fuel Kelly with the right nutrients? Well, other than the obvious worrying about Kelly's wellbeing and wanting her to be eating nutritious things, Arachnia learned that just like with sparklings, you do not give them anything sugar induced as an actual meal. This she found out when she gave Kelly three Snickers bars for dinner. The girl was so frenetically high on sugar that she didn't go to bed until 1 a.m.

Overall, all the work and fuss was worth it. Having the child stay with her even brought about drastic changes to her daily routine. Instead of everyday being a burden of drudgery work and prolonged solitary brooding, the days were now filled with laughter and euphoric fun. Arachnia found herself wanting to do nothing more but spend time with Kelly, and she did, happily joining in the girl's human games like Hide and Seek, Tag and Simon Says. Of course, most of the games they played Arachnia could easily win, for obvious reasons. But she never employed her size, or any of her other attributes as an advantage. She always played fairly and was gentle, letting Kelly win most of the time, which honestly did not bother her as much. Winning or losing didn't matter for Arachnia when she was with Kelly. What did matter was that Kelly was having fun and that she was happy. And on some peaceful days, where they were feeling way too lazy to run around and play games, they simply laid on the grass, singing a lovely duet or Arachnia listening intently to Kelly's whimsical fabricated stories, which sounded like complete nonsense but it was enough to make the techno organic chuckle at the child's antics.

Before, the hours in the days felt drawn on and tedious. Now, Arachnia wonders where the time had gone because no matter how much of it she gives to Kelly, she can never seem to spend enough time with the child. The past month was the most happy Arachnia had been in what seemed like forever.
Giving almost every hour in the day to Kelly, there was no longer any time left to do or even remember her assigned mission, why she was even on Earth in the first place. She gradually stopped acting like an operative, stopped gathering intel on the Autobots and stopped reporting in her findings. She doubted the Decepticons would care for her absence, unless their cynical minds began to suspect that her inactivity was an indication of treason. If that were the case, then Arachnia would have both Autobots and Decepticons as her enemy. More enemies, more threats, the more Kelly's chances of surviving each possible perilous ordeal in the futures dwindled. Arachnia would have to take precautionary measures to ensure the child's safety. But, for now she just wanted to have and enjoy her time with the girl before moving on to anything overly stressful.

On this particular day, Arachnia had went off to get more supplies. She didn't bring Kelly along because she didn't want to reveal the truth of how she obtains said supplies. Also, she didn't want to poison Kelly's pure and innocent mind into thinking that stealing was permissible.
The human girl sat at the entrance of the mine, playing with her doll as she awaited for Arachnia's return. "Aaaaaand all done!" Kelly declared as she making a flower crown out of daisies. Taking her doll, she placed the flower crown on Louise's head of tangled wool hair. Kelly lifted her doll up triumphantly. "You are now Lucy Anne, queen of the fairies!" She giggled. "If you're gonna be a queen, you need a castle."
The teeny girl got up and waddled around, collecting sticks to create said castle. "Oh my gosh, it's gonna be so PRETTY! I'm gonna decorate it with flowers, we'll have a magical garden, I'll dig a hole around it and fill it up with water to protect our castle from enemies. Oh! And it'll be pretty surprise for miss Arachnia too. She's gonna LOVE it!" Kelly squealed excitedly, hopping up and down.