Chapter 30

Grimlock curled protectively around the girl, rumbling miserably since that was all he could do.

Meltdown noticed and sighed in annoyance. "Let go, you malfunctioning tin can. I don't expect your primitive brain or hard drive or whatever you have, to understand progress. Let go and your death can be painless, unlike this one." Meltdown gestured to Snarl's limp body.

Grimlock despised Meltdown but he couldn't speak, too weak to do so. Instead, he responded by curling his body tighter around Kelly.

"Fine," Meltdown sighed, pulling out his remote, "the hard way it is then..."

Grimlock closed his optics.

Meltdown raised the remote...

...only for it to be shot out of his hand along with his hand.

Meltdown screamed, clutching his arm stump.

"GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER YOU SON OF A GLITCH!"

Grimlock gasped, looking up.

Arachnia stood at the entryway of the station. Backing her up were the other Autobots, all armed with odd looking guns filled with a red liquid.

The murderous aura radiating off Arachnia was so intense that the other Autobots nervously cleared away from her, fearing accidently getting in the way of her wrath. The only one who didn't was Optimus who stood by her.

Meltdown gasped, clutching his injured arm. "H-how?!"

"A little birdie gave us the info!" Bumblebee piped up.

Swoop flew in landing beside the group. His injuries were all gone and he looked good as new. Grimlock was never more happy to see him.

Arachnia was itching to start fighting, adrenaline and rage barely reined in by the reminder that she had to think of Kelly's safety.

Optimus too was resolute, expression hard as stone, raising his weapon threateningly at Meltdown. "Meltdown, step away from the girl and surrender quietly."

"N-NO!" Meltdown scrambled to grab his remote, commanding his mutants to protect him, all of them rushing towards the Autobots.

"Oh nuts and bolts!" Bulkhead exclaimed fearfully, immediately opening fire.

A full-on battle waged, with the Autobots using their new weapons against the horde of acid mutants. The weapons they were using weren't that advanced, in fact they were more akin to giant water guns, spraying out the red substance they were loaded with. However, as the liquid hit the mutants, they immediately began to screech and cry out, turning into smoking puddles on the floor.

Arachnia screamed, firing a shot and landing a direct hit on a mutant's face, the creature letting out a screech of agony as it sizzled. She pinned the creature down and sprayed it, taking immense pleasure as writhed and died.

Bumblebee noticed, leaning over to Bulkhead as he whispered: "Remind me never to get on her bad side."

Optimus aggressively opened fire on the mutants, turning to Arachnia. "GO! I'll cover you!"

Arachnia didn't need to be told twice. Clutching her weapon, she rushed to Kelly, ducking and weaving through the cramped battle field.

"KELLY!" She cried out, skidding to a stop when she saw the girl's condition.

All at once, the malicious aura surrounding her vanished, tension leaving her body as she gasped, covering her mouth.

Grimlock fought to at least prop himself up on his elbows, gently pushing the berth with the unconscious girl towards Arachnia.