Chapter 27

Sari anxiously sat on their living room couch, fiddling with her key.

Bumblebee had dropped her off at the base about an hour ago, quickly leaving to continue patrolling the city, and Optimus hadn't returned yet, nor had they heard anything from him since he left to look for Arachnia.

Sari groaned, frustrated as she flopped backwards on the couch. She felt so useless right now. She wanted to be helping the others with their search, be of some kind of help, not sitting around here doing nothing. She did help heal Ratchet, courtesy of Arachnia attacking him, but other than that, there was nothing for her to do. Sari had pestered Ratchet for something to do, multiple times. But all that succeeded in was annoying the old bot as he grumpily yelled at her to just sit and wait for the others.

Sari let out a little yawn, rubbing her at eyes. Truthfully, she didn't even sleep the previous night, too worried about the others when they didn't return from Dinobot island and then stayed up to assist the others in the search. She should have rested, taken advantage of this time to catch up on lost sleep, but she was just far too anxious to do so, her mind running rampant with stressed thoughts.

She still wondered about Optimus judgement and trust in Arachnia, despite everything she had done in the past. Clearly, the big bot knew Arachnia, but he didn't explain whatever history they had together, despite Sari's constant questions and pestering. She did hit the idea that maybe Optimus was in love with Arachnia, and though she did gag at the thought, she wasnt going to discard the idea. It was possible, but how could Optimus love someone like Arachnia who was so cruel?

Well, maybe not all cruel.

This brought Sari to her other line of thought; Arachnia having a child. Granted, it wasn't hers but the fact that Arachnia had chosen to adopt a human child, especially after she was so willing to put Sari in harms way just to reach her goals, was beyond baffling.

Why would Arachnia adopt a human kid? She just really didnt seem like the type and it made absolutely no sense.

How? Just...how?

Sari's mind then wandered back to what Optimus had said.

"The right place at the right time huh?" She recalled aloud.

At that moment, engines could be heard and as well as a distinct scuttling noise, both becoming louder as they approached.

Sari immediately sprang from the couch, rushing to the main entrance.

Sure enough, there was Optimus with Arachnia, both transforming back into robot mode once they entered the base.

"Optimus!" Sari called out, relieved to see him but stopped when she noticed something.

Optimus looked slightly banged up. Clearly, Arachnia didn't come peacefully or without a fight. Speaking of the techno organic, she didn't look any better.

Regardless, their injuries weren't life threatening so they were fine physically. Emotionally on the other hand, they looked awful.

Optimus turned to Sari, forcing a small smile. "Sari, I see you got home safely."

"Uh..." Sari looked between them.

Arachnia didn't even acknowledge her, looking around, ignorant.

"...yeah, Bumblebee dropped me off," Sari huffed, folding her arms, "but I've been bored out of my mind doing nothing. I wanna help in some way!"

Arachnia tsked. "Still annoying as ever I see."

Optimus sent Arachnia a tiny glare. "Elita"

"Call me that one more time and I'll personally rip out your glossa."