Chapter 22

"Aw look who decided to join us," Meltdown cooed.

Kelly looked between them both. "Momma, what's going-"

"Kelly RUN!" Arachnia screamed desperately, "RUN!"

Kelly flinched. "What? But-"

Meltdown began to approach her. "Don't be afraid child," he reached out a dripping hand towards her, "Come here."

Kelly backed away, hugging her dolly close. Casting one pained look towards Arachnia, she fled back down the hallway.

Arachnia strained, trying to see, hoping that Kelly could get away.

Suddenly, screams echoed from down the hall.

Kelly's screams.

Arachnia felt her spark clench.

Meltdown sighed, turning around. "Of course, it can never be that simple. Children always have to be so difficult."

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE-?!"

"Calm yourself, Blackarachnia. I would never dream of hurting your daughter."

Scuttling was heard as a furry mass entered the lab. Another one of Meltdowns hybrids, a mismatch of canine and reptile. Arachnia sneered at it in disgust but her expression changed upon seeing the unconscious form of Kelly in the creature's arms.

"LET HER GO YOU DISGUSTING ABOMINATION!"

"Come now Blackarachnia, look at this from the bright side; you will now be able to claim your adopted child as actually your own. She will be just like you."

Arachnia saw flashes.

Kelly's empty eyes...

A Husk of flesh...

Spider hatchlings escaping from skin...

She began to hyperventilate.

"No...No! No! No! NOOO!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Outside, Optimus and Grimlock were fighting off the hybrids.

Screams drew Optimus attention back to the open lab. From his view, he saw the hybrid holding the unconscious child and Arachnia fighting her restraints as she screamed.

Time seemed to slow down for Optimus, the battle waging on behind him, fires being set aflame all around, even the sounds became muffled and distant.

His only focus was on the femme he loved and the child she claimed as her own.

The child who brought Elita 1 back.

His legs moved towards them without even thinking, speeding into a run.

He almost reached them when the hybrid he was battling previously grabbed him and threw him back. Optimus hit the rocky mountain walls with a pained grunt, forcing himself back up. The hybrid landed beside him, screeching.

Optimus growled, a rage building inside him.

He fought with a newfound ferocity.

Even as the hybrid bit through his armor and energon spilled from his wounds, he continued without acknowledging his injuries, grabbing the jaws of the hybrid as it went to take another bite.

Optimus screamed a primal scream, gripping both ends of its muzzle as he tore apart the hybrid with his bare servos, ripping the top of its skull clean off, blood and brain matter spraying everywhere.