Chapter 12

Kelly awoke to the sound of an insistent tapping. Arachnia was nowhere in sight, having woken up early to continue looking through the files of research data. Kelly yawned, turning her head to the source of the noise. The tapping was coming from the window. Kelly tumbled out of bed, dropping on her bottom then tiredly swaying over to the window. She immediately became lively when she saw it was Snarl. "Snarl!" She greeted, excitedly opening the window. The triceratops face leaned in closer, dropping his jaw to reveal Louise, slightly filthy but otherwise still in one piece. "Hey you found her!' Kelly frantically grabbed the doll, Snarl promptly closing his mouth afterwards.

The child hugged the doll despite how dirty it was. "Hehe! Thank you! Louise, you should thank Snarl for bringing you home."

Kelly manipulated the doll to lightly tap her face against his snout in a kissing gesture, making a Mwah! sound effect. This really confused the Dinobot, but that confusion washed away when Kelly gave him a sweet peck on his front horn. Snarl wagged his tail like a puppy. He honestly enjoyed the attention. It was then that Arachnia entered the room after she heard all the noise. Snarl immediately ducked out of view while Kelly beamed brightly at the techno organic. "Morning momma!"

Arachnia smiled, making her way over to the young girl. The room that they had claimed as their bedroom was actually a refurbished storage room. There were bedrooms suited for humans but they were small and cramped, Kelly immediately voicing her distaste, preferring to remain with her mother, which Arachnia was all too happy to oblige to. Much of the equipment/junk that had piled up from the previous owner were moved out into the main console room, allowing Arachnia to redecorate how she pleased. Once again, she made the inside of the room a literal spiders nest, with nets of webbing draped from the ceilings and attached to the walls, the finishing touch being a new silk bed for Kelly. Kelly did not mind the webbing at all, in fact she would often play with it in the fashion of a skipping rope, swings and climbing ropes. She saw it has her own personal playroom.

"Good morning Kelly. What was all that noise I was hearing? Were you talking to someone?' Arachnia inquired curiously, kneeling to be at better level.

"Oh! I was just talking to Snar- Hey! Where'd he go?" Kelly looked out the window, searching for her favorite Dinobot, but he was nowhere in sight. "He was right here," she pouted.

"Snarl? What was he doing here?'

"He brought back Louise for me." Kelly held up the doll with cheerfully with a bright smile.

Arachnia frowned doubtfully. She did not entirely trust the Dinobots, she did however believe that they would never dare oppose her. She already proved her dominance, she was smarter, she was more tactical. If their loyalty and affections towards her were not enough to keep them in line then she could always rely on fear. But this, how Snarl was getting closer to Kelly, and Kelly closer to him, unsettled Arachnia. It left her feeling conflicted. On one hand, this could give more incentive to those one tracked processors to protect Kelly and Kelly would have better companions. But on the other hand, and this was Arachnia's own irrationality, she feared that this was a secret ploy to get rid of Kelly. Just the thought of the latter made her maternal instinct kick in. She would have to keep an eye on Snarl and the rest of them.

Snarl lay on the beach. It was a cloudy day, with not a single ray of sun shining through, causing an almost grey and somber hue to fall on the island, but that did not affect Snarls mood. His mind was filled with his own thoughts and musings as he gazed at the sand town he and Kelly had created, which was still standing. The child was stirring up feelings of endearment in the triceratops and he wanted to continue their unlikely friendship, but he was still wary of Arachnia, especially after she displayed her strength and hold over the Dinobots. He was not as smitten with the techno organic as he used to be, though, the same could not be said for his brethren. They were still tripping over themselves trying to please their mistress.