Chapter 25

Arachnia's spider form streaked through the rain, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, desperately searching.

Her daughter...

Her sparkling...

That slimy BASTARD!

How could she let this happen?!

How could she let her guard down?!!

She was so desperate to rid herself of her deformity that she blindly walked into a trap, right under the mercy of that acid abomination!

And now-!

Now...

Arachnia halted her mad dash, transforming and looking out over the vast city. For a moment she just stared before letting out a scream, her voice echoing through the early morning.

She was so blind...

So stupid...

And now Kelly was paying the price for her hubris...

Arachnia felt sick as she remembered what Meltdown proclaimed before she fell unconscious...

"Do not worry child, I promise to make you both beautiful."

No...please no...

Not her sparkling!

Not her Sunshine!

She couldn't let this happen!

She had to fix this!

She had to find Her!

Maybe there was still time!

"ELITA!"

That voice...

Arachnia growled as Optimus landed behind her. She didn't turn to face him.

"Go away Optimus!"

"Elita please come back to the base!" He shouted, beginning to approach.

"I said GO AWAY!"

Arachnia screeched, turning as she lunged at him.

Optimus immediately dodged but she kept coming at him, swiping at him with her claws, attempting to stab him with her venom.

But Optimus was wiser, he knew better then to get in the path of her stingers. Furthermore, he had an advantage. He had been healed with Sari's key and Ratchet had forced him to refuel before leaving the base. Most of all, he was thinking straight.

Arachnia was not.

She fought with blind fury while Optimus fought strategically. He didn't want to hurt her though, instead simply dodging and blocking her attacks with the aim of tiring her out.

"Please listen to me!" Optimus grunted as he blocked another attack, "You'll never find her on your own!"

"I've done everything else on my own!"

Arachnia went for another swipe only for Optimus to grab her wrist, pulling her close.

"You don't have to do this alone!"

She screamed, fighting against his hold, attempting to once again sting him but he reacted in time, jumping away.

"ELITA! I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!"

"I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP!"

"THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

"I WANT MY DAUGHTER BACK AND I WANT YOU OUT OF MY LIFE!"

It was then that Arachnia realized that directly fighting him was getting her nowhere, so she changed tactics. But instead of fighting, she took off, jumping to the next rooftop, putting distance between her and Him. She didn't want to waste them by pointlessly fighting him, she had better things to worry about.