Chapter 23

A thunder storm raged on a cold windy night.

Bulkhead and Sari were in the living area, loud heavy metal music blasting from the TV. Ratchet grumbled from his workspace, growing steadily more homicidal by the second. "Will ya turn that infernal racket down?!" He yelled.

Thankfully, it did the trick as Bulkhead and Sari turned down the volume, much to Ratchet's relief but it was short lived when he realized they were approaching him.

"Sorry Doc, we're just bored. There ain't much else to do with the others gone," Bulkhead said somberly.

"Yeah, and I'm getting a little worried. They have been gone a long time," Sari piped up, climbing onto Ratchet's worktable.

Ratchet grumbled. "I'm sure Optimus and the others can handle themselves. We've dealt with Meltdown before; I don't see why it'll be any different now."

Sari sighed, anxiously fiddling with her key. "I don't know...I just have a bad feeling..."

The sound of engines was heard, making them all perk up.

"Hey looks like they're finally back," Bulkhead exclaimed happily.

"Well, you two can go bother them and leave me alone in peace," Ratchet grumbled, resuming his work.

Bulkhead and Sari hurried to the garage door, expecting to be greeted by a victorious group.

They were not expecting to find Bumblebee and Prowl barely able to stand and Optimus, drenched wet, heavily injured, bleeding energon, and carrying an unconscious Blackarachnia.

Optimus looked at them, his one functioning optic flickering.

"Get Ratchet..."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darkness unending darkness.

Nothing to be felt...

No sensations to be stimulated...

Just drifting in the unending void...feeling light pressure press against Her body like being submerged in an ocean of ink...

No thoughts...

No worries...

No pain...

"...are we going to do?"

"...know what-...she's done...?!"

"...we have to help her..."

"...Decepticon..."

Voices...

Loud, disembodied voice...

They disturb the tranquility...

A light...

An intrusive light reaches towards Her...

"Please...just leave me..." She whispered.

The light did not heed her pleas, forcibly pulling her out from the ocean as she cried...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Optimus and Ratchet hovered over Arachnia as she slept, the medic shining a light in the femme's optics.

"Ratchet, why isn't she waking up?!" Optimus yelled.

"Maybe if you would just sit your aft down and allowed me space to work-!"

"...please..." a weak voice called, cutting off Ratchet's tirade.