Vol. 1, Chapter 1 - The Transfer Student

Part 1

(Ayanokoji POV)

Thanks to the combined efforts of Horikita, Kei and Yosuke, the class's doubts on me have decreased. Of course, there were still some who harbored them.

Kushida took advantage of this opportunity to paint me as another Koenji, and instilled the idea into their heads. Many would continue to second guess me as their classmate, seeing as they were skeptical of whether or not I was following Horikita's instructions in holding back my math abilities. For Kushida, this would be a good opportunity to make me the target in another voting exam, especially with her influence.

However, thanks to Horikita, Kei, Yosuke, and the Ayanokoji group, my classmates are willing to let me continue as I please, so as long as I contribute to the class more. I can't argue with that. In the eyes of my classmates, minus Horikita, Kei, Yosuke, Sudo, and most definitely Koenji, I have been nothing but a total recluse. I don't bring harm to the class, but I don't contribute much either.

I'm going to have to continue to live my days where some of my classmates would doubt me, other classes would most definitely become wary of me, as well as being targeted by Tsukishiro and the White Room students.

As I contemplate all the things that have happened these past couple of days, such as my confrontation with Housen, the revelation of the bounty on my head, my perfect math score, my talk with Tsukishiro, and being baptized under the eyes of my classmates, I suddenly recall Horikita Manabu's parting gift to me.

'Carve your existence in the minds of the students. Let them know that the student known as Ayanokoji Kiyotaka was truly great.'

A cruel parting gift, that made me go against my original wish of living a peaceful life, but at the same time, for some reason, it's gotten me riled up. I wonder, how else would I proceed with leaving behind such a legacy?

The events these past few days have certainly started to put me on that path, but I kind of wanted to spice it up a bit. Maybe throw in a little chaos. Certainly the opposite of my original wish, but at the same time....

If he was here, perhaps we could have fun mixing it up with the school. Between me and him, he is the one on the more wild side. I wonder what would happen if he were by my side as both my partner, and my rival. Actually I wonder...

'Where you are right now, and what, and how are you doing?'

As I was lost in my thoughts, mumbling to myself, I started to feel hungry. I got up from my bed and started boiling some water. I took out the instant ramen that I got from shopping with the Ayanokoji Group.

Seriously, I think Haruka wants to kill us with all these extra spicy ramen. While I waited for my water to finish boiling, my phone rang. It was Chairman Sakayanagi.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good evening Kiyotaka-kun. I'm sorry for calling you late this evening. I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"No, not at all. I was just boiling some water. Is there something you need from me?"

"Don't worry, it isn't a problem. Rather I have some news for you, and I'm sure you would be delighted to hear it."

News? Could it be something to do with Tsukishiro or my father? Maybe Chairman Sakayanagi's allegations have finally cleared up, and he could return back to his post. That would sure put me at ease if that were the case.

"Okay, what it is?" I asked.

"I'll get straight to the point. There will be a new transfer student transferring to your class."