Vol. 3, Chapter 3 - What Lies in Perfection

Koenji Rokusuke's Soliloquy - Perfection Through Demons

I remembered that day clearly. It all happened when I was 7 years old.

I was on a private chopper with my father, the current head of the Koenji Conglomerate. We were headed for a site shrouded in secrecy. My father brought me along to learn the ropes of his line of work early on in to my childhood, hoping I would succeed him in the future.

We were on our way to meet someone he calls "Sensei". While I could not care about meeting people, I am interested in this place he mentioned.

Apparently it was an elite training facility that educates children with the highest quality education, as well as having them hone their physical capabilities to an exceedingly superhuman degree.

Ever since I was old enough to go to school, my family has always guaranteed to enroll me with high quality education. At first I never took them seriously. If I was going to succeed the Koenji Conglomerate in the future, then I have no need for such superfluous trivialities.

I did maintain my grades to about a satisfactory degree, but nothing going above and beyond what I deem necessary. Expending any more effort would just be a waste of my time.

We were approaching the facility, which was located deep within the mountains. A landing pad with several guards were waiting for us. Once the chopper landed, we step outside, and were greeted by one of the facilitators of the place.

"Good day, Mr. Koenji."

"Good day as well. I reckon Sensei is inside?"

"Yes. Ayanokoji-sensei has asked me to escort you to him, but before that, I ask that you understood the terms of your agreement with him."

"Yes. Disclosure of this place is strictly prohibited. I shall keep my word, and so will my son."

I really had no intention of talking about this place to anyone, though I am intrigued by its inner workings. After giving a quick nod as a yes, to not disclose any information about this place, the facilitator guided us inside.

Once we were in, the first thing I noticed was that the walls were all white. What a strange place. My father then asked me a question.

"Are you uncomfortable Rokusuke?"

"No, not at all father. Just intrigued by this place."

"I see. Well I brought you here with me so that you could learn some of my dealings. This place is actually supported by our company. It aims to produce exceptional students, using only the highest quality education, as well as top of the notch curriculum."

"You did say that to me before father, but I haven't seen much as of yet. Perhaps I'll reserve my judgement once I see results."

"Certainly. I too wish to see just what Sensei has in store for us."

"Oh? Would you now?"

A man's voice called out to my father from a distance. The facilitator bowed his head to us, and makes his exit. The man approaches us, and stops just a few feet away.

"It's good to see you again, Ayanokoji-sensei."

"Likewise, Mr. Koenji."

The man known as Ayanokoji-sensei eyes mine for a bit. His eyes wield an intimidating aura, but I let it not shake me. He returns his gaze to my father.