Vol. 2, Chapter 5 - A Rising Problem. Running Through Fire

Part 1

(Ayanokoji POV)

Karma: "When I heard about a different commander in charge for this exam, I got curious. I asked our teacher about their background. As soon as she said that they were from the Ministry of Defense, and the Japan Air Self Defense Force, you were the first person that came to mind, Karasuma-sensei."

Everyone, including Koenji and the teachers were left genuinely surprised by the revelation, that Karma had some sort of connection with the exam commander

Everyone, including Koenji and the teachers were left genuinely surprised by the revelation, that Karma had some sort of connection with the exam commander. So I was right after all.

Horikita: "Ayanokoji-kun, did you know about this?"

Because of the silence on our side, Horikita's voice reached the ears of our other classmates. They all turned to me, hoping for an answer. Since there was no use hiding it, I decided to answer her question.

"He's Karma's training instructor during his last year in middle school up to just before enrolling in Advanced Nurturing High School."

Sudo: "Wait! His instructor?!"

Altough he was surprised, he was able to control himself not to yell too loud, although this was still heard by our other classmates, and a few soldiers.

Miyake: "Have you ever met him before, Kiyotaka?"

"No. I've only heard about him from Karma. This is my first time ever seeing him. Apparently he's a highly skilled agent from the Ministry of Defense, and the Japan Air Self Defense Force."

Sudo: "Woah..."

Yukimura: "Woah is an understatement. I did not expect this."

Hasabe: "No one could've Yukimuu."

Everyone was left dumbfounded. Nobody expected Karma's instructor to be a government agent of all things. If Karma had him be his teacher evem after graduating from their assassination classroom, then he must be highly capable. I remember Karma saying that his instructor took down one of the most dangerous assassins in the world. I would actually like to see his strength for myself.

Karasuma: "Mm. Not a bad deduction. You aren't top of your class for nothing after all. Does this mean you'll also be taking command of your class for this exam?"

Everyone became interested in what Karasuma said. Not only was Karma the top of his class, but he also took command of his class in an event like this one.

Karma:" Well I already sort of did. I only took reigns for their training, in preparation for this exam. Other than that, I'm not suited to issue command from here on."

Karasuma: "That's surprising. This kind of thing is right up your alley."

Everyone seemed a little taken aback that Karma won't take the lead this time, especially after what his instructor said.

Karma: "I was only able to assume command of my previous, since I spent a whole year with them. Because of that, I knew everyone's capabilities, and even personalities. This class is different, thus taking command is a task more suited for our class leaders, unlike last time where I took over for Isogai-kun."