Vol. 2, Chapter 3 - Training and Downtime

Part 1

(Ayanokoji POV)

Everyone got ready as I positioned myself at the center of the field, with all of them in front of me from afar. Amongst my group were Horikita, Sudo, Ike, Shinohara, Haruka, Keisei, Mii-chan, Kushida, Mori, some of Kei's friends, and a few others.

"Chabashira-sensei, I know you're just a spectator, but if you could please give us the start signal." I said to Chabashira-sensei, who is watching from the sidelines.

She nods in response. She looks to both sides, and determines that everyone is ready.

"HAJIME!"

She gives the signal, and the training finally begins, with Horikita and Sudo leading the charge. I held on to the sheath of my katana with my left hand as I continue to effortlessly dodge each one of their attacks. Due to the grace period, all I could do is dodge and block their knives with my sword. While they didn't lack ferocity in their attacks, there was sloppiness to the foot work of everyone, excluding Horikita, Sudo, and Kushida.

At some point, 7 of them surround me, and came charging in. I ran at them, and jumped over their heads. As soon as I landed, the others came charging at me, but that was when my phone dinged.

"Your 3 minute grace period is up."

I announced to my group, telling them I will no longer be restricted of my movements. I stopped and positioned myself in front of my incoming attackers. With my right hand, I grabbed the handle of my katana, with my left thumb pushing its hilt upwards. As soon as my attackers were within range, I swiftly draw out my katana and slashed it at their weapons, disarming them in the process. They staggered backwards from the force of my attack. While I never hit them, they still felt the impact when I disarmed them of their weapons. Once they regained their balance, they tried to retrieve their knives.

Before they could, I took advantage of their opening, and rushed at them. One by one I tagged each of them with my katana. Miyamoto was the first, then Ike. Soon, all of them were now marked with paint. They were out.

Random D: "S-so fast....."

Horikita: "So this is what Akabane-kun meant, when he said this is your specialty."

"Who knows?"

Sudo took advantage at my conversation with Horikita, and charged at me from behind. He made two mistakes.

One, I'm not so foolish as to leave myself an opening. I'm always on guard. My senses have been heightened, due to me having trained various martial arts while being blindfolded numerous times. I've beaten many tough opponents even without my sense of sight. Most of them were highly trained adults.

His second mistake was coming at me while screaming. It seems I have to lecture him like I did with Ishizaki.

I spun around and met Sudo's attack with my own. Our weapons clashed. He tried to exert more force in order to push his knife towards me, but I wasn't budging, even just by a little. I easily overpowered him. I swung my katana upwards, causing him to lose his knife and send it flying. Then, with out wasting a second, as soon as his knife was gone, I thrust my katana forward, poking his chest with the tip of my blade. He was out.

Horikita: "Sudo-kun!"

Kushida: "Sudo-kun as well?!"

They were all surprised at how I easily handled one of the strongest people in this class. I turned my attention to my onlookers, and rushed at them with my blade.

Seeing this, Horikita commanded the group.

Horikita: "Everyone, disperse towards the small thicket!"