5

Angie's POV:
----

"Angie wait." Bosco said and stopped walking, turning to a building that was somehow still standing. She had put her little meter away, now holding metal rods that pointed towards the building. "Can...can we check out that area first? Please?"

I wasn't sure how much I trusted her ghost hunting gear, but Sergeant Velour had instructed me to at least give her a shot. So I nodded, taking my flashlight out from its spot on my belt. "Sure."

Bosco led the way this time, following the directions of the two rods. I stayed behind her, looking around us for anything suspicious until there was a cracking sound from the beneath me. I looked down, tilting my head when seeing the old employee name tag I had stepped on.

I leaned down to pick it up, trying to read the faded lettering. From what I was able to read, the first name of the person it had belonged to was Kerri. I grabbed a small plastic bag from my belt, dropping it inside and closing it up again.

Bosco was already moving the thin wooden boards that had been placed over the entrance to the building when I caught up to her. She slowly looked inside, flicking the flashlight I had given her on. She shivered and looked back at me. "The air feels heavy. There's someone in here."

Before I could tell her the building was just musty and she was only shivering because of the cold, her meter started beeping quickly. Bosco shoved the rods back into her bag, pulling the meter out of her pocket. "It's going up to orange. Not red yet, but orange is definitely strong."

That made me uneasy. I always tried to push away the fact that it was possible for these sorts of things to be real. It was something that had always scared me, and ignoring it and refusing to believe it made it easier for me to do my job. But this girl was making it hard to keep my stance on the subject.

I watched as she took another device out of her bag and turned it on. I jumped when loud sounds came from it, looking at it in confusion. "What's that?"

"It's a spirit box." Bosco explained, walking fully into the building. "It cycles through different radio frequencies to help the spirits communicate with us. When a word or phrase jumps out, that's usually the spirit trying to talk to us."

I slowly nodded, following her inside. My hand hovered over the weapon that was attached to my belt. I hardly ever used it, but I wasn't about to let something hurt us.

Bosco looked around as the spirit box continued to just let out white noise. She tilted her head, shining her light around the room. "This looks like it was the arcade." She said, shining the light on an overturned machine. "What a shame. These things are worth so much money and were just left to rot."

I went to answer her until the spirit box decided to join in on the conversation. A static sounding voice repeated Bosco. "Left to rot." It said, and my eyes went wide.

Bosco stopped walking, starting to smile. "Hello there." She said, keeping calm unlike me. "Thank you for speaking to us. Are you here with us now?"

It took a few moments, but the box picked up on another word. "Here."

Bosco looked at me in excitement. "It was a woman's voice twice." She said. "It must be a girl."

"Lady." The box said immediately after. I felt like I was about to pass out. There was no way Bosco's equipment could actually be working.

"You're a lady?" Bosco asked politely, turning her flashlight off for a moment. "Is it alright if we ask your name?"

I froze up, reaching into my bag for the picture. The voice said lady, the name of one of the victims was Lady Camden.