18

❌Blood and descriptions of violence❌

Angie's POV:
----

There was a dull pain in my head and a breeze on my face. I didn't dare open my eyes, too weak to move my limbs until there was a sharp spasm of pain that felt like it cut right through me. My eyes snapped open and I screamed, my whole body twitching heavily until it stopped. I caught my breath, looking at what was around me and realizing what happened.

The wires trapped me in place, right across from the controls of the old rollercoaster. I panted, feeling dizzy and sick as I looked up.

I was met by someone who wasn't Hastings. Another animatronic stared back at me. Large floppy bunny ears hung over its face, blood splattered all over the fake fur. It slowly turned to me, a light flickering in its dark eyes.

"I'm so sorry..." A soft voice said, seemingly from inside the mascot suit. My eyes widened as they slumped over the control panel, metal rods sticking out from its neck and wires spilling from its joints. I started putting the pieces together, despite the agonizing pain I was in. Hastings words echoed in my head.

"I gave her life."

"Y-You're..." I stuttered, flinching when I moved my jaw. "You're Kerri, aren't you...?"

The eyes of the mask brightened as whoever it was stared back at me. "...I'm Kerri." She said, voice sounding scared and unsure. "At least, I think I am. I've been trapped in this suit for so long, I don't know who I am anymore..."

She flinched, the whole suit convulsing. I tried to jump back in fear, but the tight wires kept me in place. I gasped for air as it felt like they were getting tighter, struggling and failing to get my arms free.

"I'm so, so sorry..." Kerri spoke again before pressing a button on the control panel. I screamed, blots of electricity running through my body and making me shake. The pain was indescribable. I had never felt anything so horrible. I struggled to breathe when it stopped again, fighting to keep my eyes open.

I shook my head, feeling dizzy. I couldn't feel Camden around me. I couldn't see her and I desperately wanted her. "W-Why are you hurting me?" I managed to get out, looking back up at the spirit who was trapped inside the suit. "He killed you. Why are you on his side?"

Kerri was silent, the mask facing the floor. "I'm not on his side..." She whispered. "I don't want to hurt you, but he gives me no choice. I'm under his control forever now. Not strong enough to fight against it..."

I was completely confused. Daya and Maddy wanted nothing but to help us and get out of here. Camden had even evolved into my guardian angel. "What's so different with you...?" I asked slowly, trying to reach my hand out between the wires.

Kerri was silent, examining the broken ride vehicles that still sat on the old rollercoaster tracks. "Ritual didn't work..." Her voice was slow and quiet, as if she was afraid someone would hear her. "The ritual didn't keep them in the characters he chose for them. Needed more sacrifices."

I stiffened up, bracing myself when she turned to the control panel once more and traced the finger of the suit over the buttons. "S-Sacrifices...?"

She nodded. "Took the baby from Maddy. Used her as the sacrifice that helped me conform to...this." She dropped her hand to her side. "I-I didn't do it by choice..."

It sounded as if she had started crying. I stayed silent, letting her spill Hastings' secrets to me. "L-Lady Camden wasn't used as a sacrifice, because he wanted to use her spirit. But Orion..." She was interrupted by her own sob. "Orion was supposed to be the sacrifice to get Daya and Maddy and Camden to conform. He hates Steven for developing intelligence and hiding her. He hates you for taking her away..." The suit began to shake. "He hates you all for ruining his dream to bring his characters to life..."