14

❌Mentions of some really sad stuff involving a baby❌

Angie's POV:
----

I typed quickly on my laptop, glancing over at Bosco who had wandered into my kitchen to play with my dog and busy herself. I still needed to figure out who Hastings was exactly before I went any further with the case.

There was also the number Bryce has given me that could end up helping. None of Daya's family being interrogated or questioned was on file, so this Crystal girl could hopefully have some very useful answers. I shivered, feeling a cold weight moving into my arms.

"Camden, hun you're very sweet-" I said, trying to continue typing. "And I appreciate the affection, but you're also extremely cold-"

It faded away, and I figured she had moved beside me instead. I sighed softly, feeling bad. "Uh, Bosco?"

"Hm?" She looked away from my fridge, holding my dog and tilting her head. "What'd you do? Camden's sad, I can feel it."

Now I really felt bad. "I...Is there like, a way you can warm up a ghost or something? That sounds weird but-"

Bosco thought about it, but shrugged. "I'm not sure about that one. I've never really had a spirit want to cuddle me before like you do."

Of course there wasn't an answer to a question like that. I settled for grabbing the blanket that had been draped over the arm of my couch, laying it in my lap and leaning back. "Come on, Camden..."

Slowly but surely, I felt her return to where she had chosen as her favorite spot. I went back to searching through articles I had found, hearing Bosco laugh and quickly stop herself. I glanced up at her. "What?"

Bosco just smiled, grabbing her EMF Meter and bringing it over to the couch. "Here, Camden. You can take the energy from this."

I watched the lights on the meter go up to red and start to flicker. Slowly but surely, Camden showed herself, her thin legs wrapped around my waist and her head resting on my chest. She shyly looked up at me, her eyes wide. "...Hi." She said quietly.

I stared down at her, still in shock whenever I saw or heard her. "H-Hi, sweetheart..."

She smiled, obviously liking the little petname. Bosco settled down beside us, watching all of Camden's reactions and movements. She looked up at me with a sly smile. "You can tell her she's pretty, you know?"

I immediately blushed. "I- I can't flirt with a spirit, Bosco-"

"Why not? You're lonely with only a dog to love you. Might as well." Bosco shrugged, a teasing look on her face.

I narrowed my eyes at her before looking down at Camden. She gazed up at me, as if she was waiting for me to say it. "Uh...you're very pretty..."

Camden hid her face in her hands, letting out a soft laugh. "Thank you..."

Bosco watched her, examining her closely. "...The tear stains are fading on her face." She pointed out. "That's kinda interesting."

I nodded a little, but couldn't focus on that right now. I returned to looking at my laptop screen, scrolling through an article. It was quiet, Bosco continuing to study Camden as I read. "...People were calling one of the girls the Weeping Spirit."

Bosco tilted her head a little. "I haven't heard about that one." She turned to what I was reading, her once playful look fading as she read. "Oh..."

"It's from a couple years ago." I said, finding myself leaning against Camden for comfort. "Says people reported hearing a woman crying out late at night from the grounds of the amusement park. Some saying the name sounded like..." I took a shaky breath. "Angel..."