6

Bosco's POV:
----

I looked over Angie's shoulder, a chill immediately running down my spine. Angie took a deep breath before stepping inside. The smell only got worse, and I had a horrible feeling I knew what it was. "Angie, is that...?"

"Yeah." She answered, not even needing me to finish. "They're somewhere in here. But where is the question."

I hesitantly followed her inside, keeping an eye on my EMF Meter. There was a stronger presence in here. Like there were multiple spirits. I glanced at the mascots that focused forward, unmoving yet still intimidating. Their once bright paint was chipped and rusted, and they looked as if they'd fall apart at any moment. "...I think those two girls are here." I said to Angie, who was looking around the stage area. "I can feel them."

Angie just nodded, walking up closer to the show stage where the mascots stood. "Let me know if you see anything."

I didn't think I'd see anything. This was a different vibe compared to Lady Camden's spirit. This felt more agitated and angry. These weren't just sad spirits. They were upset, and I didn't think they were happy with us looking around the place they were forced to call home. They most likely wouldn't show themselves to me.

Angie soon stepped off the stage and away from the characters. I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't like seeing her close to them, it gave me an uneasy feeling. I followed her to the corner of the showroom where a door was cracked open.

"The smell is so evident..." Angie said aloud. I think she was talking more to herself than she was to me. "They have to be here somewhere, but I don't understand how they weren't already found..."

She pushed the door open and I followed her down the dusty hallway. The other doors read employees only, and the one at the very end of the hall is what caught my attention for some reason. The sign read Parts and Services.

Angie stopped before we could get to it, leaning down to pick something up with a gloved hand. "...This is recent." She said, looking over the plastic cup. "If it wasn't it would be just as deteriorated and dusty as everything else. Someone has been here not long ago." She placed it in a bag along with a name tag she had found.

I tilted my head. "What are you gonna do with it?"

"It can contain DNA evidence." She said, continuing forward with her flashlight in her hand. "It'll be searched back at the station."

I nodded a little, about to continue until a cold wave of calmness washed over me. I froze, blinking my eyes before seeing the outline of the girl from the arcade following behind Angie.

Normally, I would've warned her. But there was something different about this. The spirit, who I assumed to be Lady Camden, kept her distance, watching innocently as Angie worked. Almost as if she wanted to help but didn't know how. Something told me Angie was safe while being watched over by her, so I turned to continue my own investigation.

I stopped, staring at the way we had come with wide eyes. The mascots that were once facing forward were staring right at me and Angie, their heads turned and their eyes unblinking.

I had experienced a lot. Including an incident with toothpaste and a ghost on the Queen Mary. But just like Jasmine said, I think this had reached a new level.

I slowly walked back out to the showroom, and my EMF Meter started to beep and blink. The light was flickering yellow. I watched it closely and continued forward, watching as it started going up to orange and beeping more. I would bring the spirit box out again, but I had to admit, I was terrified of what it might say.

I glanced up to find myself getting closer to the stage. I stepped up the small steps, the smell growing stronger and the beeping on the meter getting faster. My heart pounded in my chest as I approached the mascots, hand shaking slightly.