**Chapter 2**

**Maya**

So many thoughts ran through my head on the way to the hospital.  What if Andy dies then it's my fault because I overslept and asked her to take over as Captain.

When I got to the reception desk at the hospital, I saw someone sitting there. 
Excuse me, I'm looking for Andrea Herrera, could you tell me where to find her?
Are you family?  The woman at reception asked me. 
You want to know if I'm family?  yes, something like that. What do you mean, something like that? 
If you are not the sister, cousin or wife I am not allowed to give you any information.
I'm her Boss is that enough for you?
Boss isn't a family member so I can't tell you where she is or what's happened to her.

As I desperately tried to speak to the woman, out of the corner of my eye I saw Dr.  Bailey.

Oh Dr. Bailey how good to meet you. 
This lady won't tell me where to find one of my people.
Melissa this is Captain Maya Bishop of Station 19 and Andrea Herrera is one of her lieutenants. 
So should Captain Bishop ever come here and ask please give her sufficient information, do we understand each other? 
I get it and I'll know for next time, Chief Bailey.

Captain Bishop, come with me, I'll bring you to her.
Dr. Bailey what happened to Andy? 
Captain Bishop, that's one thing that Lieutenant Herrera has to do on her own. 
That's not in my area of ​​responsibility.
Just knock and go in.  She is awake now.

After I knocked and walked into Andy's room there was a brown haired beauty in her pink scrubs.
Excuse me can I help you?  was her question. 
Her brown eyes shone like the brightest stars I have ever seen. 
Her accent so beautiful I could listen to her for hours. 
Deep in my mind I didn't hear Andy talking to me.

Maya , Hello Maya are you alright? 
Andy seriously? 
You ask me if I'm okay? 
You're the one lying in a hospital bed. 
So explain to me why are you here and why did the others just say you passed out? 
Before Andy could speak, the beautiful woman in the room said I'll check on you later. I'm Dr Carina DeLuca and I shook her hand. 
Captain Maya Bishop very pleased. 
Andy I'll check on you again later. 
Thank you Dr. DeLuca. 
And the brown-haired beauty left the room.

So Andy what happened? 
When we arrived the others went into the burning house.  When I saw a fire from the outside I knew immediately if I didn't put it out my team in the house could be in danger.  So I tried to put out the fire. 
After deleting it i realized i was getting dizzy. 
And suddenly it went black and when I opened my eyes I was lying here in this bed.
Andy a healthy person doesn't just fall over so what's up?
They did a CT scan of my head, everything is fine there.  Then they took my blood and I had to wait for the blood values. 
Just before you came, Dr. DeLuca came in to discuss the results with me. 
And now I know what's wrong with me.
Tears ran down Andy's cheeks. 
Hey, hey Andy, everything will be fine, we'll get it all done.  Together. 
Maya I have to tell you something.

Maya, I'm pregnant