**Chatper11**

**Maya**

After Carina just drove away without listening to me, I felt the pain in my chest. 
A feeling I've never had before. 
I wish she would have listened to me and I could have explained to her who Nathalia is and why she was with me.  I took my phone and dialed Carina's number but her phone was off. 
I tried again. 
Come on Carina answer the phone, come on. 
But she didn't answer. 
Until then I didn't know that her phone broke. 
So I drove home and grabbed a bottle of whiskey and all I could remember was the pain in my chest.

**Carina**

After I got home I went to the shower. 
I went into the living room and grabbed a bottle of wine and opened it. 
After 2 glasses of wine I felt this feeling come up again and Maya back into my head. 
I have to get out of here, I have to distract myself. 
So I got dressed, took a cab and went to a bar.
When I got to the bar, I sat down at the counter and ordered another glass of wine. 
Slowly I noticed how the alcohol was starting to work. 
After a few minutes I saw a shadow next to me.  good evening beautiful woman are you alone here? 
I turned sideways and saw a blond woman sitting next to me. 
Yes I'm alone here and you? 
I'm alone here too. 
May I invite you for another glass and pointed to my empty glass of wine. 
You're welcome. 
We chatted and I found out her name was Sarah. 
After another 2 glasses of wine I realized how I had reached the alcohol limit. 
I got up and gave Sarah my hand and said, „Shall we go?" She took my hand and we drove to my apartment. 
When we got to my apartment I slammed the door and grabbed her neck with my hand and kissed her wildly. 
We didn't part from the kiss on the way to my bedroom. 
As she started to put her hand under my t-shirt, that painful feeling in my chest reappeared. 
I opened my eyes and saw Maya in front of me. 
I knew it was wrong.
Tears welled up in my eyes, breaking away from the kiss and pushing her away. 
Sarah I'm sorry I can't. 
I'm really sorry. 
Hey Carina it's all good please don't cry. 
I brought her to the door and closed the door. 
I couldn't hold back my tears and collapsed onto the floor.  What is wrong with me? 
We're not even a couple why do I feel like I betrayed Maya? 
I got up and went into the shower trying to wash off the dirt. 
After the shower I went to bed and cried. 
I cried until I fell asleep through the tears.

**Maya**

When I woke up I noticed the headache.
Shit what did I do? 
When I looked to the right I saw the empty whiskey bottles lying there.
And then I realized why. 
Carina. 
How do I convince her that I want her. 
And nobody else. 
I picked up my phone and called Andy.
hey maya what's up? 
Andy I need your help. 
Is everything alright you sound nervous and worried. 
Andy I messed it up. 
I think I messed it up. 
What have you done? 
I was in town yesterday with Nathalia to buy a present for Carina. 
After accompanying her to the car, I hugged her goodbye and gave her a kiss on the cheek and at that moment Carina stood there and saw it. 
And now she thinks I'm just like everyone says. 
Andy I messed it up. 
How am I supposed to make her understand that Nathalia is like my sister if she doesn't even want to listen to me. 
I tried I ran after her and tried but she wouldn't listen. 
Andy please what should I do?
First of all, Maya, take a deep breath. 
You haven't done anything illegal. 
Now listen to me alright. 
You buy her flowers, go to the hospital and get her to listen to you. 
Tell her who Nathalia is and I'm sure she will believe you.  Did you understand that Maya? 
Yes Andy I will do it exactly the same way I promise. 
Andy can you please tell Jack he wants to take my job today . 
Of course I'll let him know. 
Thank you Andy I love you. 
Bye.

After I hung up, I quickly took a shower and made my way to the flower shop. 
When I got there, the saleswoman asked me which flowers I wanted. 
But I had no idea what kind of flowers Carina likes.
I told the clerk that I needed flowers for a very special person that I really like and I want to apologize to her.
After a while she came back with a bouquet of flowers.,
and said to me:

,,The white flowers stand for honesty. 
The pinks stand for tenderness, love and longing
and the red flowers represent passion. 

I thanked him and made my way to Carina in the Hospital

**Carina**

When I woke up I realized how swollen my eyes were from crying. 
I got out of bed and went to take a shower. 
After my long shower, I made myself a coffee and headed to work. 
When I got to my office, I changed my clothes and did my daily patient rounds. 
After a few hours passed, I met Amelia for coffee. 
Hey Carina, are you okay? 
You look so sad. 
No Amelia I'm not fine. 
You were right you were absolutely right. 
What are you talking about Carina. 
What am I talking about? 
I'm talking about Maya. 
After I got my new phone yesterday in the city, I saw them standing there. 
I wanted to go up to her and tell her I was looking forward to the date on Friday but instead she was standing there with a woman. 
She hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. 
When she saw me she just looked at me in panic. 
So I turned around and left. 
She ran after me and tried to talk to me but I didn't want to hear about it. 
So I went home and had a few glasses of wine ended up in a bar met a woman there took her home but before anything serious happened I started crying. 
So I sent her away again. 
And now i'm a wreck . 
Look at me this has never happened to me Amelia never.  Wow Carina take a breath. 
Why didn't you just let Maya speak her mind and listen to what she had to say? 
I don't know Amelia I don't know. 
Maybe I overreacted too. 
And now I messed it up. 
Listen to me Carina maybe you screwed up but you won't find out if you don't talk to Maya. 
How am I supposed to do this Amelia?
Carina turn around. 
When I turned around she was standing there. 

Maya.

**Maya**

When Carina saw me she got up and came towards me.  When she stood in front of me my heart beat faster again.  Maya what are you doing here? 
Carina listen to me please listen to me. 
What you saw yesterday is not what it looked like , really .  The woman next to me, her name is Nathalia and she is my best friend. 
She was with me in town to choose a present for you. 
I wanted to give you a gift to show you how important you are to me and how serious I am about both of us. 
She is like a sister to me really Carina please believe me. 
As Maya stood there like a helpless scared little girl, I couldn't help it. 
Tears came to my eyes again. 
I'm sorry Maya for not listening to you I'm really sorry. 
And suddenly Maya pulled out a huge bouquet of flowers from behind her back. 
I didn't know what kind of flowers you like, but every single flower says how I feel. 

The white flowers represent honesty. 
I always want to be honest with you. 
The pink flowers stand for tenderness.  Because I feel every look you give me and every smile you give me on my skin.  And the red flowers represent passion. 
Passion that you give me that you give me when you look at me speaks to me.  Passion that I would like to feel at some point. 

After the words Maya had spoken, I couldn't help myself. 
I walked up to her and took her in my arms.
How good it feels to hold her in my arms I would like to never let go of her. 
After we broke our hug, I looked at her. 
So our date is still tomorrow? 
Of course, Carina, I wouldn't be happier about it than that.  Well then pick me up tomorrow and I'll be there. 
Well i will be there. 
I took my flowers and said goodbye to Maya and made my way towards the entrance of the hospital. 
I just thought, if not now, then when. 

I turned and walked towards Maya taking my hands cupping her cheeks and kissing her on the mouth. 
I have never felt such soft lips on mine. 
After the kiss I looked into her eyes and Maya was speechless. 
Carina, what did I do to deserve this? 
What did you do to deserve this? 
Simply because you are something special. 
I looked at her, gave her one last kiss on the mouth, turned around and said I'm looking forward to seeing Bambina tomorrow. 
I looked behind Carina stood completely speechless but so full of joy and just thought to myself,

What did I do to deserve this woman?