**Chapter10**

**Maya**

Like every morning, my alarm clock rang at 5 in the morning. 
I got out of bed, put on my gym clothes, did my training laps and went home. 
I checked my phone still no answer, put my phone in my bag, grabbed my coffee and headed off to work.

When I got to my office I saw Andy already sitting there with an expression on her face that I couldn't read.
Hey, Andy, are you ok?  Good morning Maya. 
I don't know myself if everything is ok. 
What happened? 
So Jack and I talked and figured we should tell my dad and decided to do it together. 
Said and done. 
We went to his house last night. 
He was wondering why Jack and I came together, but he had no idea what we had to say to him.

**Last evening at Captain Herrera's house**

Hola Papá.
Mija, what are you doing here? 
Why is Gibson here with you?  What's the matter Andrea?
Papá, can we come in?
Andrea, you don't have to ask me to come into your home.
What brings you two, I mean together, here? 
I don't know where to start. 
Sit down first. 
As we sat down at the table, Jack noticed that I was getting nervous and took my hand under the table and gently stroked my hand with his thumb to calm me down.
I breathed deeply in and out. 
Captain Herrera, Andy and I....
But before Jack could finish the sentence I dropped the bomb. 
I'm pregnant. 
Andrea you are what? 
Papá i'm pregnant.
I would have expected everything but not that. 
Don't tell me Gibson is the father of your child? 
But Papá he is the father. 
My Papá got up from the table and walked back and forth excitedly. 
Papá, please say something. 
Andrea you come here tell me that you are pregnant and that Gibson is the father of my grandchild and you want me to say something now? 
Andrea how many times have I told you that you shouldn't enter into a relationship with a colleague?  How often Andrea. 
What did you think you were doing. 
As my Papá said this sentence, I felt tears running down my face. 
Papá, that with me and Jack was never planned it just happened and now I'm pregnant. 
We both don't know where this is going to take us but we do agree on one thing, we want the Baby and no matter what happens, Jack will be by my side. 
I hope one day you can handle it and enjoy your grandchild. 
I got up took Jack's hand turned to my Papá and said: ,,I love you dad"
and left his house. 
As I sat in the Car with Jack, I couldn't hold back my tears and cried. 
Jack took me in his arms and rubbed my back. 
Andy everything will be fine believe me, we can do it all. 
Your Dad is a good man he may need a few days to get used to this but he is your Dad and he will love the Baby as much as he loves you. 
OK? 
Jack how do you always manage to say the right thing in moments like this? 
I looked at him he stroked my cheeks with his thumbs and before I could say anything....
I kissed him.

**In Maya's Office **

Wow Andy and then you just left?
Yes what should I do?
I wanted to give him time to think.
I think my Dad needs some time now.
Not only the fact that I'm pregnant but also the situation with me and Jack.
You are right Andy, your Dad is a good Person and he will love your child as much as he loves you.

So Maya, what about you and the hot doctor?
We still have to see which restaurant you're going to, I'll look it up right away.
I wrote to her that I would pick her up on Friday, but somehow I haven't gotten an answer since then.
And that makes me nervous.
Do you think I did something wrong?
No Maya stop thinking like that I think maybe she just has a lot on her plate.
I know that she likes you too, I know that for sure. Thanks Andy .
I'm going to meet up with Nathalia to buy a little gift for Carina to show her that I'm serious.
Gibson is taking over my job as captain today.
So I have to go right now.
If you found a restaurant send me a message so I can reserve a table.
Bye Andy.
Bye Maya.