01. all is fair in love & war

HER POV

       I followed Dante into the large penthouse. I had not spoken a word to him since I stepped into the car. I still could not believe he was here, standing next to me.

       "You have not said a word Bella," Dante said and I cringed at his old nickname for me.

       I turned to look at him with a spiteful fire in my eyes. My angry scowl caused him to frown.

       "That is because I have nothing to say to you," I snapped before diverting my gaze.

I could hear his footsteps as he walked closer to me. I flinched away when his hand touched my bare shoulder. I snapped my cold gaze toward him and for a mere second he held a guilty glint in his eyes. Only for a mere second.

       "Why do you hate me?" He asked and I turned to him with an 'are you kidding me' look.

       "You threatened to kill two men mercilessly just a few moments ago," I scoffed as I poked him furiously.

       In a quick motion he pulled me by my hand, wrapping his other arm around my waist and looking down with a teasing smirk. I am taken aback by the sudden proximity.

       "You look cute when you are feisty amore mio," he said in his husky tone.

       As his ice blue eyes made contact with mine, a cold shiver ran down my spine. It was fear but at the same time something else, but I cannot pinpoint the feeling.

       "I am not your love," I pushed him away and stared at him defiantly. "I am nothing to you and you are nothing to me."

       Dante smirked to mask his true emotions. It is a habit all Villanuevas had.

       "You are my bride-to-be," he replied as he snapped his fingers. A petite lady appeared just a few seconds later. "Now, Mariana will show you to your room. I expect to see you at dinner."

       Dante turned on his heel without saying another word. I could not believe he kidnapped me and decided to just leave.

       "You're an asshole!" I yelled as I launched the closest item next to me which was a one-of-kind vase. The delicate porcelain shattered just a few inches away from Dante.

       He turned to me with an amused expression. His eyebrow is lifted and his nonchalant smirk growing.

       "Your asshole, Bella," he replied before walking out of the penthouse.

"Ugh!" I stomped my feet on the floor, but stopped when I remembered Mariana's presence.

The look in her eyes was both of amusement and surprise, but she contained it behind a straight face.

       "Follow me madam," she said.

       I let out a heavy sigh and followed after her. She led us up the stairs to the second floor where the bedrooms were. We stopped at the second set of double-doors .

       "Woah," I mumbled as I stepped into the room.

       I had forgotten the grandeur of penthouses like this. A king-sized bed was placed at the center facing the crystal clear windows. I could see the whole city.

       "Mr Villanueva has ordered a whole new wardrobe for you," Mariana informed as she opened up the walk in closet.

       I followed her inside and found the mini room packed with designer clothes: Prada, Dior, Versace, Dolce y Gabbana.