16. gifts and cheesy nicknames won't mend the past

HER POV

       "Put your shoulders back a little bit more," Caterina said as she examined me through her black shades.

       I walked back to the tip of the pool near the marble stairs. I walked along the pool deck once again as Caterina played the music.

It had already been a few days since we arrived at their Italian manor. This mansion was equipped with the best security team. Dante's men could be scene every day, walking up and down with their riffles ready.

"There we go," Caterina cheered as I finally got my catwalk down to perfection.

"Ms Moretti, the young master asked me to bring you these," Mariana said as she brought me a bouquet of flowers.

Caterina perked up on her elbow. "It seems my brother is still doting on you for closing the deal with Esmeralda and the Sokolovs."

"You can leave them in the kitchen, thank you," I said and the maid nodded obediently. I walked over to the lounge chairs and plopped onto the one next to Caterina. "He keeps sending me gifts and more gifts."

"What can I say?" Caterina's shrugged. "My brother is a romantic when it comes to love."

        "That's the thing I don't want him to be in love with me anymore," I huffed.

       "The heart wants what it wants," Caterina looked down at me sympathetically. "Also, where has your bestie been?"

       "I don't know," I replied as a frown crossed my face.

Ever since the escaping incident, I have been seeing less and less of Derek. I have tried to ask Dante, but he has also has not been around.

       "Ms Moretti, the boss asked that I give you this and escort you to the winery," Tomas said as he handed me a garment bag.

Before Tomas could leave, I grabbed onto his arm and he turned around with a confused expression.

"Tomas do you know where Derek is?" I raised a brow hoping to get some information on my missing friend.

"No, Ms Moretti," Tomas replied, but I could tell he was lying.

"Tomas," I said this time with a much more menacing tone. "Where is Derek?"

"He is running some errands for Mr Villanueva in London," Tomas sighed in defeat.

I glared at him with a frown. "What errands?"

       My sister pranced out of the house with various shopping bags and a giddy smile on her face. I turned my attention from Tomas to her.

       "Where did you get all of that?" I asked.

       "Dante bought it for me," Andrea replied nonchalantly.

"You are returning all of this stuff," I ordered.

"Why?" Andrea pouted.

"You are returning all of this now and I am sending you back to mom," I barked. "Now, where is Dante?"

"At the winery," Andrea huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest in a sassy manner. "You don't deserve to be his fiancé."

"I AM NOT HIS FIANCÉ!" I lashed out before storming away toward the winery.

As I reached the winery, I noticed the trail of roses leading to the entrance. I burst open the door and Dante jumped back startled, nearly tipping over the candle he had lit.

"What are you doing here?" Dante asked. "I told Tomas to tell you to get ready first. Quello stupido bastardo (that stupid bastard)."

       "Why did you buy my sister a whole new wardrobe after she got in trouble in school?!" I asked as I walked closer to him. The anger was boiling inside me.

       "I-I apologize for that," Dante replied. "I just wanted her to help convince your mom to like me."

       "Why are you doing all of this?"

       Dante closed the gap between us. He gently ran his finger over my cheek as he pushed back my hair. It was an action I used to love.

       "I promised that I would make you fall in love again," Dante said in his low, husky voice. His tone gentle and sweet. The type of tone that would turn a woman into jello. "I don't know what I did in the past, but I will try every day to make it up to you. To undo whatever mistake I made."

       The warmth in my eyes was gone. I glared at Dante coldly. Whatever mistake he made?

       I removed his hand from my cheek. "All the gifts and cheesy nicknames will not mend the past Dante. Ever."

"If you would just tell me what I did—"

"Sir, we have captured one of Santos' men!" Tomas barged into the winery with a wide grin. It was one of the first times I have seen him smile that widely.

"This conversation isn't over," Dante said before he rushed out the winery and followed Tomas toward their 'interrogation room' beneath the mansion.

Author's Note
Hola my lovelies! So, I forgot to upload the chapter on Wednesday, but here it is. So, we see that Dante still has not given up and he is willing to do anything to win back Samantha. Do you think she'll ever forgive him? Let me know your thoughts.

Song: Necio - Romeo Santos