19. ambush

HER POV

"Are you ready?" Federico asked as he adjusted the feathery tail of the dress. The black velvet fabric clung onto my body and shaping it into an hourglass figure.

"Yes," I nodded and he smiled proudly.

As soon as the next singer was on stage, I walked up the backstage stairs. The crowd began to cheer as I led the next line of models out as we showed of Federico's gowns.

       I wore a black gown with a feathery tail that trailed two feet behind me and was detachable. The bodice was made of a smooth velvet fabric that fit like a corset. The dress itself ended mid-thigh but the tail made it look bigger. A snake necklace adorned my neck as it shimmered against the lights.

The cameras flashed brightly as the boy band CNCO continued to sing. I did a couple of poses as I walked down the runway. I was used to these types of things, however each time it still felt surreal. Especially since this was my first runaway in three years.

The cheering of the crowd drowned out all my worries from earlier. I did not know how I would break the news to Dante but for now, I would only worry about maintain the health of my child.

       After I blew one last kiss at the audience, I walked down the stairs to the backstage. One of Federico's assistants was helping me take off the tail of the dress when a large shriek rang through the building followed by a loud bang.

"What the hell was that?" One of the employees asked.

"We need to get you out of here," Tomas rushed toward me with a panicked expression. A set of loud bangs followed and I knew what he meant—Santos was here.

Everyone began to run in different directions trying to avoid the shots being fired between Santos' men and Dante's.

       It all happened so fast. One minute I was running alongside Tomas as he shielded me from the bullets, my hands wrapped around my stomach to protect my baby. The next, I was thrown into one of Dante's vehicles and driven to the Villanueva manor.

"Samantha!" Caterina rushed over to me. She had on a light pink gown that was now stained red with blood.

"Are you alright? Where are your siblings?" I asked panicked by the blood.

"Some man sitting next to me got shot and landed on me," she said explaining the blood-covered dress. "I am fine though. Dante and Alessandra having arrived yet."

"It was Santos wasn't it?" I asked and Caterina nodded.

"Come, let's get out of these clothes," Caterina led us inside where all the staff looked worried. "Help Ms Moretti get changed."

Loretta and Mariana nodded as they led me back to my room. They helped me out of the large gown and I took a quick shower. When I went back into my room, a comfortable pair of leggings and warm cotton shirt was laid out for me.

       I dried myself up and put on the clothes. I noticed a small bruise on the side of my stomach and frowned. I must have hit something in between all the chaos.

       "It's alright baby," I whispered to my stomach as I rubbed it gently.

       "Oh thank God!" Derek burst through the double-doors with a teary expression. He walked over to me and embraced me. "I thought you were gone."

       "I am fine," I assured. "Do you know if Dante and Alessandra are alright?"

       Derek nodded. "They just arrived and they're unscathed. However, we did have come soldier casualties. Dante is furious."

       I rubbed my temples trying to process what had just happened. I could've died today, my baby could've died today.

       "Derek, I have to leave this place," I said as I sunk onto the mattress. "I can't be stuck in between this war."

       "We have to wait until we get back to London," Derek replied as he took a seat beside me. "Dante has eyes all over the place here. It will be impossible."

       "I can't wait," I replied as I looked down at my belly. "I-I am pregnant."

       A loud clatter of porcelain hitting the floor grabbed our attention. We turned to the entrance where one of the maids was hastily picking up the platter she had dropped.

        "I-I am so sorry Ms Moretti, I didn't mean to eavesdrop," she said as she picked up the broken piece of porcelain. "The master's sister asked that J bring you some tea for the nerves. I didn't mean to."

       "It's alright," I assured as I walked over to help her. "Just, not a word of this to Dante. Understood?"

       Mariana nodded vigorously before rushing out of the room. I turned to Derek with a worried expression.

       "I will go make sure she doesn't go and tell Dante," he said as he stood up. "The baby is Brian's isn't it?"

       I nodded slowly as I bit my bottom lip.

       "Are you going to tell Dante?"

       I looked down at the floor. "I-I don't know."

       "Whatever decision you make, I will help you no matter what," he assured before leaving the room.

       I walked back to my bed and let myself plop onto it. The soft mattress molded into my body.

       "I am going to protect you," I said as I stroked my flat stomach. "No matter what."

Author's Note Hola my lovelies! Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! So

Author's Note
Hola my lovelies! Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! So... I have an Instagram account and I have not really been active on it. However, if you guys want me to give you a follow back, or follow me, just leave a message saying you are coming from Wattpad. The secret code for my Wattpad followers is LOVELIES. That way I will know you guys are coming from Wattpad. I do not want to make it public for safety reasons, but if you message me with that passcode, I will know that you are coming from Wattpad.

Anyways, Derek knows that Sam is preggers! And Santos attacked the fashion show! Do you think Samantha will leave Dante to keep her baby safe? Let me know your thoughts! I will see you all on Friday with another chapter!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

SAMANTHA'S DRESS