27. compromises

HER POV

"This place look very familiar," Dante commented with a knowing grin. We walked by the edge of the water in front of Big Ben, it was the place we had first met.

"I just took you for a walk like the doctor recommended," I said pretending not to know what he was talking about.

       "Bella, what are we really doing here?" Dante asked in a serious tone.

       I placed my hands on the railing separating us from the cold seawater. I let out a long sigh as the early November wind blew through my hair.

       "I wanted to wait until you were better to tell you this," I said in a low tone, not daring to meet his gaze.

       It had already been two weeks since the incident between Santos and Dante and Dante had a miraculous recovery despite being shot five times.

Dante looked at me concerned. "Bella, I know that I promised to let you go after our five months but I am just not willing. Call it selfish, but you mean the world to me."

I could feel his arms wrap around my waist and I tensed up by the sudden contact. I tried my best to relax into his touch.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about Louis," I said, still not meeting his gaze.

Dante was silent for a few seconds before he finally realized what I was going to say next.

"Sam, I need you to know that I only killed him because he was going to-"

"I know Dante, I know," I replied as I finally turned around and looked up to meet his watery gaze.

"I saw Andre the night we ambushed Santos," I explained. "He told me that his brother and him were never on our side. That their goal was to kill me."

"I would never let any harm come to you, Bella. Even if it meant killing that bastard," Dante replied as he gently stroked my cheek.

       I let out a low chuckle. "I always thought you had killed him because you were jealous."

       "Don't you think if that were the case I would've killed Derek already?" Dante mused with a teasing smile and I nodded with a shrug knowing he was right.

"I am sorry I judged you before knowing the full truth and leaving you," I said as I looked up at him with an apologetic glint in my eyes.

"It's alright cara mia (my dear)," Dante smiled down at me warmly.

"I am not leaving you again," I assured and Dante's eyes widened.

"W-Wait are you saying what I think you are saying?" Dante asked and I nodded slowly. His smile suddenly fell and he frowned. "What about Brian?"

       I felt a sting in my heart at the mention of his name. It just made this decision all the more real.

       "I have no future with him," I answered truthfully. "Santos' followers are after everyone involved in his murder and I can't put Brian through that type of danger. He deserves better than a life on the run."

       "So, I am the rebound now," Dante chuckled bitterly as he looked away with a hurt expression.

I grabbed his chin and turned his face to me. I gave him a warm smile as I gently stroked his chin which was developing a slight stumble.

"I fell in love with you once and I can learn to do it again," I said as my gaze fell to his lips and then back to his ice blue eyes. They were like crystal clear oceans that I used to love getting lost in. "Give me time and my heart will be yours again and this time it'll be yours to keep... forever."

"Forever?" He asked still a bit unsure and I nodded.

"Forever," I said once more before leaning up and pressing my lips against his. It felt foreign, it felt different—it felt forbidden.

Dante hesitantly pulled me closer and when he noticed I was not pulling back, he smiled into the kiss and deepened it. We pulled away with wide grins.

"I will make you mine again Bella," Dante said as he pressed his lips gently against my temple and pulled me into a hug.

The feelings I had for him were not as strong as they were once, but I knew that with time I would love him and only him. Brian was now a part of my past, a tiny time in my life where I was just a girl and him just a boy.

Now, I would tie myself to a dangerous life of crime and possible death. But at least I would have a man who loved me by my side and I would vow to love him back.

 But at least I would have a man who loved me by my side and I would vow to love him back

Author's Note
No, that is not how I am ending this book. The ending is going to be a tad bit sadder... muahahaha. I was originally planning to have twenty-nine chapters, but I decided that the twenty-ninth chapter will be the prologue for the next book in this series, it just fits perfectly. Since I only have one chapter left, I will be uploading it later today. Thank you all so much for reading and I will see you later today with the next chapter (hint: Brian is coming back). See you later alligators!

Song: Another Love (cover) - Iris Noelle

SAMANTHA'S OUTFIT