14. there's a villian in every story

HER POV

We all sat in complete silence around the dinning table. Dante kept rubbing his chin while Alessandra stared at the fireplace in deep thought. Caterina was slumped into her seat, a glass of wine in one hand and an amused expression on her face.

"I can't believe our little angel was able to scare those two families into submission instead of you," Caterina chuckled.

        Dante glared at Caterina, but his eyes held a hint of pride. Alessandra turned to look at me.

       "You say you do not want to stay, but yet you go and do stuff like this Sammy," Alessandra stated. "You are starting to give us mixed signals."

       As much as I hated to admit it, she was right. I did not have to speak up nor convince the two families to become our allies but I did. Yet the reason as to why was unclear.

       "I may not want to stay, but that does not mean I cannot help you," I replied.

       "Nonetheless, we have the Sokolovs and Esmeralda on our side," Dante said. "They have agreed to send some of their men over to Italy to help us push back Santos from our territory."

"And what did they ask in return?" Alessandra raised a brow.

       "Ivan and Anastasia only asked that they be the ones to kill Santos while Esmeralda asked to get her merchandise back," Dante answered.

       "Very well, we shall leave for Italy first thing tomorrow morning," Alessandra said firmly.

       My eyebrows furrowed together. "What do you mean by 'we'?"

"Dante, Caterina, you, me and all of our soldiers," Alessandra said nonchalantly.

I turned to Dante but he looked away. This was not part of the deal. If I went to Italy, that would mean I would never leave the Villanuevas.

"But I can't go, I have to train for Mrs Zamora's fashion show," I argued.

Dante sighed heavily. "We have a Modeling Management building in Italy as well."

"The original headquarters," Alessandra reminded.

       "But-"

       "You will go with us whether you like it or not," Alessandra replied with a deadly tone. "Need I remind you that your dear friend's life lies on your actions?"

       I wanted to punch the hell out of her, but I knew that I also needed to restrain myself if I wanted Derek to remain unharmed. Alessandra could play nice if she wanted to, but once you got in her bad side there was nothing to stop her.

        "Yes," I said through gritted teeth and this brought a smirk to her lips.

       "Very well, I will have the jet prepared while the servants help with the packing," she chirped as she walked out of the room.

       "I hate your sister," I huffed and Caterina chuckled.

       "Half-sister," Caterina corrected. "We share the same father but we sure as hell don't share the same mother."

       Dante and Caterina were the children of Riccardo Villanueva-Conti and Elena Medici, Riccardo's second wife. Alessandra was the first-born and daughter of Gloria Storelli who died at birth.

"So, who is this Santos guy?" I asked as I turned to Dante.

        "He used to be a mob leader, worked his way up and became Antonio's right-hand man before betraying him and killing his entire family," Dante explained. "He is very dangerous and we need to stop him before he gains more territory and followers."

       "He must be very dangerous if he was willing to betray Antonio," I replied.

       Antonio was another mafia lord. He was almost at Dante's level—almost.

       Before I could ask more about Santos, Dante's phone began to ring loudly. He looked down at the screen an frowned.

       "If you'll excuse me," he said before leaving the room.

       Caterina and I watched as he walked away. We turned to one another with curious expressions, wanting to know who was the person calling that caused Dante's mood to switch so quickly.

DANTE'S POV

       I walked out of the room with a frown on my face as I stared at the caller ID—Luca.

"What do you need?" I pinched the bridge of my nose in an irritated manner. I thought that I had put this man in his place, but apparently I did not do such a good job.

"Now is that a way to greet your informer?" My frown grew as I noticed the cockiness in his tone.

Who the hell did he think he was?

"Mind your tone Luca," I warned. "You don't want me kidnapping your precious princess again, now do you?"

"You will never lay a finger on my daughter again," Luca barked and I rolled my eyes.

"What makes you think that?"

Luca chuckled. "Because I have information that you need. In return, you stay the hell away from me and my family."

I pressed my lips into a hard line. This bastard would not call me unless the information he had was actually worth it.

"Fine, I'll bite," I replied. "I won't touch your family again. Now, what is it that you need to tell me?"

"Your dear friend Brian is on his way to London, ready to take back what you stole," he said.

I gripped onto the phone tighter as I processed the news. Then I remembered the sudden trip my sister had planned.

       "Perfect timing," I smirked.

Author's NoteCue the DRAMA! So, Brian is on his way to rescue Sam

Author's Note
Cue the DRAMA! So, Brian is on his way to rescue Sam. Do you guys think he will get there on time? Will Sam leave with him? Let me know what you guys think will happen next in the comments below. Thank you all so much for reading. I will see you guys on Monday with another update. Adios!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋