20. deadly poison

HER POV

A light knock awoke me from my slumber. Reluctantly, I sat up and and rubbed my tired eyes. After the events from the prior night, I was left tired.

"Come in," I called out and the door opened.

"Buongiorno dolcezza (Good morning my dear)," Loretta greeted as she stepped into my room with a silver food cart that had tea and biscuits on it. "The master and his sister, Ms Alessandra left this morning. Mr Villanueva asked that I bring you some tea to relieve the stress from last night."

"Thank you, Loretta," I smiled at her gratefully.

       She took the porcelain tea kettle and poured some of it into the matching teacup. I let the warm liquid cool for a bit before taking a sip. It was quite refreshing, but soothing at the same time.

       "Do you happen to know where Alessandra and Dante left to?" I asked curiously before taking another sip of the tea.

       Loretta shook her head. "They left in the early hours of the morning."

Caterina stepped into my room with a frown upon her face. She crossed her arms over her chest in a sassy manner.

"We have guests and your still in bed?" Caterina asked and my eyebrows knitted together.

"What guests?" I asked confused.

"Your parents arrived to take Andrea home," Caterina replied. "I thought Dante had told you."

"He must have forgotten in the midst of all the chaos," I said as I stepped out of the bed. The whole room began spinning, like it did every morning. An extreme nausea followed it.

I rushed toward the bathroom, but the nausea subsided before I could reach the toilet.

"Are you alright?" Caterina asked.

I nodded my head as I rest my palms on the brown marble sink counter. I tried my best to avoid Caterina's questioning gaze.

"What is it Sam?"

The tears just flowed out of me. I did not even feel like crying but my body was just doing what the hormones told them.

Caterina moved closer. "Samantha, you're starting to worry me now."

I sighed. "I'm pregnant."

Caterina's eyes widened as her hand clasped onto her mouth.

"Is it Dante's?" She asked wearily and I shook my head. A look of disappointment flashed through her eyes upon hearing my answer. Caterina loved children, so of course she would be excited to be an aunt.

"I found out yesterday and I need to ask you not to tell Dante," I begged. "This has to be a secret—at least until I can find a way to break the news to your brother."

"Oh wow, this—this is huge," Caterina leaned onto the door trying to process the news. "I don't think my brother will react well to the news."

"I do not care how he reacts," I said. "After I tell him, I am leaving. This child deserves their mother and their father."

       Caterina looked at me sympathetically. She and I were both unaware of how Dante would react.

       "Are you going to tell your parents?" Caterina asked, reminding me that my family was awaiting for us downstairs.