11. loves me, loves me not

HIS POV

I let out an agitated groan as I set down the last box which contained all my photography gear. I walked toward the crystal clear window walls. I could see all of New York City from this height. The setting sun glistened over the many glass buildings creating a beautiful scenery.

       "How she would have loved this," I mumbled as my mind drifted to the absent Samantha.

       "You really need to stop thinking about her," Dylan's voice echoed through the walls of the empty living room. He had my two large suitcases which I had forgotten.

       "I am not," I lied trying to act nonchalant.

       "'How she would have loved this'," Dylan mimicked my earlier words with a much more dramatic tone as he placed his palm onto his head and swooned sadly.

        "Shut up," I rolled my eyes as I took out the stuff from the boxes.

        "I have to say this penthouse condo was a really good choice," Dylan admired my new home.

       As much as I wanted to be happy about this accomplishment, the sadness was eating me up. I wished that Samantha had not left me. I would've shared this happiness with her.

       "The memories we could've created here," I unintentionally mumbled as I looked around the penthouse.

        Dylan turned to me with a look of disapproval as he shook his head. However, before he could reprimand me, the doorbell to the penthouse rang.

"Did you order food?" Dylan asked excitedly and I shook my head.

I walked over to the door confused as to who it could be. I checked the security camera and the hairs on my back stood up as I watched the redhead on the other side waiting for me to answer.

"Fuck," I mumbled as I took a few steps back from the door.

"Who is it?" Dylan's eyebrows furrowed together as his eyes looked at me concerned.

"Eloise," I answered as I gripped my hair in frustration.

"Oh shit," Dylan wore the same panicked look as I did.

Despite my extremely drunken state from a few weeks ago, I was able to remember every detail. Specifically the fact that Eloise kissed me while I was close to unconscious. I immediately told Dylan the following morning, but tried to maintain a normal relation with Eloise.

       I never suspected that Eloise held romantic feelings for me. I always thought he had a mutual understanding of our friendly, almost sibling-like relationship. However, as soon as I got the chance, I left the apartment and moved into my penthouse. As far as I knew, she was did not have a clue I was aware of what happened that night.

       "Just open the door," Dylan said and I obliged hesitantly.

       As my hand touched the handle, I backed away again with puckered lips.

       "What If she found out I know about what she doesn't think I know?" I whined.

       "Then—I—Ugh, just move!" Dylan pushed me out of the way and opened the door. "Hey-y-y, Eloise. What you doing girl?"

       I face-palmed myself at Dylan's actions. Eloise raised an eyebrow confused by Dylan's unordinary demeanor. She then turned her gaze toward me and her pink lips lifted into a smile.