04. meet the morettis

HER POV

      My father, mother and sister sat around the table. I could not process whether this was real or not. All three of them stared back me with happy smiles.

       "Mamma, papà," I cried out as I rushed over to them. The two of them embraced me.

       "My petite fille," my mom whispered as she held me close and pushed back my shirt strands of hair.

       "Dante I am extremely grateful that you brought my little girl back," my dad thanked Dante as he embraced me.

       My father, Massimo Moretti was leader of a small Florence mob. He did not like Dante when he first met him, but now he loved him like a son.

       My mother, Camille Moss-Moretti did not. She loathed Dante, but could never speak her mind being married to a patriarchal man.

       However, now that the two were divorced there was no holding back my angry mother.

       "Grateful!" She exclaimed her French accent sipping through. "This bastard was the one that drove our daughter away."

       "Camille," my father rubbed his throbbing temples.

"You," she poked Dante's chest. "You are lucky I do not have my own mafia army or else I would have already taken my daughter and made sure you never got to see her again."

       "Mrs Moretti-"

       "Ms Moss," my mom corrected. "I am no longer married to this idiot."

        My father's mouth fell agape but he did not say anything.

       "Ms Moss, I love your daughter," Dante argued. "Trust me, I will protect her, cherish her-"

"And force her to marry you," my mom sassed causing Caterina and Derek to let out amused snorts. Dante glared at the two of them but they did not conceal their enjoyment of the situation.

"It is the same with all you Italian men," my mother continued to scold. "You think you can control a women and force her to follow your every command."

"Mrs Mor—Moss," Alessandra corrected herself before my mom could. "Samantha accepted the engagement and now she must go through with it."

"A girl can change her mind y'know?" My mom replied.

"Could you please stop acting sassy with the Villanuevas?" My father reprimanded but my mother ignored him.

"I know nobody asked for my opinion, but if Samantha doesn't want to go through with the engagement, I can marry Dante," we all turned to my sixteen-year-old sister who was staring at Dante with heart-eyes.

Derek bursted out into fits of laughter and we all turned to him with unamused frowns.

"I-I thought that when I came here it would be all serious like on tv," Derek said as he tried to contain his laughter. "But this is better than Keeping Up With the Kardashians."

***

       We all sat in silence around the fireplace, stomachs full and with an awkward tension among us.

"So, are planning on keeping my daughter here against her own will for the rest of her life?" My mother asked breaking the silence.

My father face-palmed himself as he turned to my mother with an annoyed expression.

       Dante looked over at me but I avoided his gaze. He then turned to my mother, his hands clasped together.

       "Actually, I am willing to compromise," Dante spoke catching the attention of all of us. I snapped my head toward him with knitted brows.

"What do you mean 'compromise'?"Alessandra  asked with an angry frown.

Dante looked down at his palms and then back up at me. His body was tense, but his facial expression blank.

"Give me five months to remind you why you fell in love with me," he said. "If by that time you still wish to return to New York then I will not protest."

       "You cannot do that Dante!" Alessandra protested.

       "I am the head of this house and what I say will be done," Dante replied sternly. "What do you say Bella?"

I eyed him suspiciously. I did not know if he was telling the truth or not.

"Alright," I finally spoke despite not fully believing him.

       "I expect you to keep your word Dante," my mom said with a warning tone.

        "I will," Dante assured. "I must return to my office but I am grateful that you were able to join us today."

       "Thank you for inviting us," my dad replied.

       "We will let you bid farewell," Dante said before he and his siblings left the room.

       I watched as he walked out. Something inside me knew that he was plotting something.

DANTE'S POV

       I smoothed out my shirt as I walked out the room. I could feel my sister's gaze drilling a hole inside my head.

       "Do you know what you just did?" Alessandra seethed with anger as she stepped in front of me.

       I found it quite adorable that she thought she could intimidate me. I looked down at the buttons on my shirt's cuffs and unbuttoned them.

       "I skillfully moved a chess piece mia cara sorella," I replied as a smirked formed on my lips. "The only thing holding her back from me is that bastardo. I get rid of him, I win the game. I just needed a bit of time and I got it with this compromise."

       "Always a step ahead of the game," Alessandra replied with a smile replacing the frown her lips.

       "You think she'd stay with you if you kill her boyfriend?" Caterina scoffed. "She already hates you enough Dante. If she finds out that you killed him—She will never forgive you."

       I turned to my sister with an amused expression, raising my eyebrow in defiance.

       "Who said anything about killing?"

       Caterina looked confused. Her eyebrows were knitted together as she frowned.

       I simply shrugged and turned to Alessandra.

       "Have the photos from the airport released world-wide," I instructed. "Let everyone know that Dante Villanueva has brought his wife-to-be home."

Author's NoteHello my beautiful lovelies! Here is chapter four and I added a little special point of view

Author's Note
Hello my beautiful lovelies! Here is chapter four and I added a little special point of view. What do you guys think Dante has planned? Also, we finally have a look at Sam's family. Who is your favorite thus far? In the next chapter we will finally have Brian's POV back, so stayed tuned. I will see you all Friday with another update! Adios my lovelies.
Xoxo Liz 💋💋💋