17. who'd you kill this time?

DANTE'S POV

I wanted to punch Tomas for being such a nuance at times. However, I was happy with the news that we had captured one of the Santos' henchmen.

"Our guys were able to trick him into thinking they wanted to betray you," Tomas said as we entered the basement. "They met up with him at a designated spot to hand over valuable information, but he never expected that they would ambush him and bring him here."

"What's his ranking?" I asked as Tomas opened the double-doors to our 'interrogation' room. It was more of a torture room that helped us get information out of our enemies.

"Consigliere," Tomas smirked proudly.

       His smile rubbed off on me as I noticed the man tied up in the middle of the room. He was roughed up pretty badly. A few cuts lingered in his cheeks with a purple bruise on his left eye. Both his mouth and nose were dripping blood.

       All I could feel was satisfaction. We had finally caught one of Santos' men, but it wasn't just any lapdog, it was his consigliere. A consigliere was very important to any mafia boss. They were an advisor that knew every move the boss would make.

       "I hope my soldiers have been giving you a warm welcome," I said with an evil grin.

       The man looked up and it was for sure Santos consigliere—Dominic Ricci. I frowned when his lips lifted into a smirk.

       "Non stai ricevendo alcuna informazione da me, (You're not getting any information out me), Dante," he said in a cocky manner.

       With a flick of my finger, my men grabbed a hold of Dominic, gagged him before forcefully dipping his head into the barrel of ice cold water nearby. He squirmed around like a fish out of water, trying to gasp for air.

       "Fallo uscire (Get him out)," I commanded in a bored manner. My men took him out and untied the blindfold around his mouth.

       I grabbed one of the daggers in my collection. All of them had the Villanueva emblem embedded into them. I decided to go for the pen that turned into a dagger when you pressed on it.

       "You will tell me everything your asshole of a boss has planned," I growled.

       Dominic chuckled. "You can kill me for all I care, but you aren't getting anything out of me."

       I threw a punch at him. I was angry, not only because he would not speak, but because he was right. Dominic had no family I could threaten to kill, nor any children I could kidnap. I hated using children as a leverage, but sometimes it was the last resort. However, not even that would work this time around.

       "I can tell you this," Dominic spoke. "Santos is coming for you. He will be the new alpha, the new King of the mafia world. The stakes are rising and war will come."

       Dominic let out a loud, maniacal laughter that turned into a bloody cough. I grimaced as the red liquid hit my shirt to which he grinned smugly. He was irritating the fuck out of me.

       "Uccidilo (Kill him)," I sighed as I turned on my heel and walked out of the room. A loud bang could be heard as the doors closed behind me.

       "What will you do now, sir?" Tomas asked as he followed after me.

       I paused for a second trying to calculate my next move. I rubbed my index and thumb together and moved my jaw side-to-side.

       "Get me his finger," I ordered and Tomas hastily returned to the basement.

       In a matter of seconds Tomas returned with the bloodied finger inside a white cloth.

       "Are you going to send it to Santos?"

       I nodded. "I'll let him think his precious consigliere is still alive. Might as well have some fun messing with his mind."

       We walked back into the mansion where all the women were gathered in the living room. Samantha turned to look at me, her eyes widened a little upon seeing the blood on my shirt. She immediately looked away in disgust which caused me to frown.

       "I am guessing the bastard is dead?" Alessandra raised an eyebrow, not at all fazed by my state.

       "He didn't wanna talk," I shrugged as I plopped down beside Sam who only wiggled away.

       She looked like she wanted to puke which was unusual. Before she had left me, she was used to me arriving in such a state, but then again that was three years ago.

       I showed Alessandra the finger we retrieved from Dominic. I held a proud grin as I displayed it.

       "I did take a souvenir however," I smiled.

       "I think I'm gonna be sick," Samantha rushed out of the room and Andrea rushed after her.

       Alessandra frowned. "What's wrong with her?"

       "I can't believe I am related to you two," Caterina pinched the bridge of her nose in an annoyed manner, before she too followed after Samantha.

       "What's the plan now?" Alessandra asked.

       I looked over at the direction in which Samantha had left. I was worried about her, especially with this sudden reaction. She always had the stomach for these things and now—

       "Dante!" I snapped my attention to my older sister.

       I let out a sigh. "We keep pushing Santos off of our territory and find another one of his men. Preferably one that will crack."

       I had to put a stop to Santos before he got a chance to hurt my family like he had done to Esmeralda and the Sokolovs.

Author's Note So much drama! Do you think that Dante will defeat this Santos guy? Will we ever meet him? Let me know your thoughts in the comments

Author's Note
So much drama! Do you think that Dante will defeat this Santos guy? Will we ever meet him? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. I will see you all with another chapter on Monday!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋