28. just let her go

HIS POV

       I watched as Eloise began to switch positions as I clicked away on the camera. She did not seem to be comfortable with the camera like Samantha was. In most photos she came out awkward.

       "More fierceness," Dudley said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He looked beyond annoyed by the fact that we had been in the studio all day.

       "Dio mio (Oh my God), how much longer must I endure this torture," Luca whined as he leaned against the wall in a bored manner.

       "I-I'm sorry," Eloise apologized and I instantly felt bad. It was not her fault that she was not used to being around the camera.

       "Just breathe and try to relax your body," I advised. "Go with the flow."

Eloise smiled at me gratefully before trying to ease her body and go with the flow, but it did not work. Her stance was still awkward.

"Why don't we just keep Sam as the model?" Luca mused as he also grew tired.

"Because Samantha is not here," Dudley sassed before snapping his fingers and motioning me to continue snapping pictures.

Before I could turn my attention back to the camera, my phone began buzzing loudly against the desk.

"What now?" Dudley groaned in annoyance.

"Sorry," I gave Dudley a cheeky smile as I reached over to silence the call, but froze when Derek's name flashed across the screen. "I have to take this."

I picked up my phone and walked out of the room and into the bathroom.

"Hello?"

"Everything here has settled, I think it is time
you return," Derek said.

"I will book the first flight I can," I replied with an excited grin. "Thank you."

I ended the call and rushed back outside.

"Why are you all happy?" Dudley asked.

"I'm sorry to bail out on you again, but I have to go back to London," I replied as I packed up my stuff.

"You're brining Sam back?" Dudley questioned and I nodded.

"You already tried it once and Dante fled with her to Italy," Lucas mumbled and I turned to him with knitted eyebrows.

"How did you know about that?" I asked.

Lucas looked up at me with an alarmed expression. My lips pressed into a hard line as he chuckled nervously.

"Y-You told me," Lucas said.

I shook my head. "I never told anyone where they had gone."

"Yes you did, don't you remember?" He tried to avoid my gaze because I knew he was lying.

"It was you," I said as I narrowed my eyes at him. "You told Dante that I was going to London to get Samantha back."

Luca looked up with a guilty expression. "I needed to make sure he never touched my family again. That was the only way, I'm sorry."

I wanted to punch him until he was bleeding, but I knew right now, I had more important things to get done. I needed to book the earliest flight to London as soon as possible.

"I will deal with you later," I huffed before pushing past him and leaving the studio. I had to get to Samantha quickly.

***

"She left with Dante early this morning, I think she is finally going to break up with him. You have the address I sent you?" Derek asked through the other side of the phone.

"Yes," I replied.

"Good, I guess I will leave the rest to you. I better get a lengthy thank you speech at your wedding," Derek joked. "Good luck!"

"Thank you Derek," I said before ending the call.

The moving vehicle drove down the busy streets. Various tall buildings aligned the roads with people rushing up and down. The taxi driver suddenly came to a slow stop near the Big Ben Tower.

"That will be fifteen euros," the driver said and I handed him the money.

"Have a nice day," I said as I stepped out of the vehicle and looked around at the spot Derek told me that Samantha would be. I could feel my heart pounding loudly against my chest. I looked down at the rose in my hand that had a ring hidden in it.

       I excitedly took a step forward but my nerves only worsened. I was excited to see Samantha after all this time and have her in my arms once again, but nervous because I did not know if she had missed me.

       "Come on, you got this," I told myself before I walked toward the boardwalk.

       My smile dropped when I noticed Samantha was not alone. Her ex-fiancé was next to her with his arms wrapped around her waist as they talked. Samantha did not seem bothered by his proximity. My heart sank as she reached over to grab his chin.

       "No," I shook my head in disbelief as I watched her lean up. I let the rose in my hang drop down the ground as my heart sank.

       I held back the tears as I watched her smile widen and the two embraced one another. I could not help but smile as I watched how happy she looked. I picked up the flower and took the ring out, twirling it in my fingers with a sad smile. Even though it hurts, I rather let her go and be happy than hold her back.

       "Goodbye my love," I said before turning on my heel and throwing the rose into the water and placing the ring in my coat pocket.

Author's Note
Well, that is the end of Forbidden Attractions the second book in the Forbidden Series. What do you guys think? I know it is a bit of a sad ending, but trust me Brian and Sam will be reunited. Pinky promise. Since I finished this story much earlier than expected, I am going to get started on the next book ASAP. I am expecting to release the third book of the Forbidden Series in September 7th, so please stay tuned for updates. For now, I will place most of my focus on Matches.

Thank you all so much for reading this book and giving it all your support. If you guys enjoyed please make sure to share it with your friends. I will see you guys in approximately two weeks! Stay safe my lovelies!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

Song: Happier (cover) - Syah Al Hafid