06. fool me once

HER POV

       I ruffled my short brown locks until I got the volume I desired. I picked up my favorite shade of lipstick—Cherry Red—and smudged it over my soft pink lips. The bright color stood out boldly compared to the soft pale white color of my suit.

       I finished my look with a few sprays of my favorite scents, roses mixed with honey. Just a few sprays along my wrists and neck went a long way.

"Cara mia, are you almost ready?" Dante's voice rang from outside. I rolled my eyes at his usual impatient demeanor.

I slipped on the nude pumps and made my way toward the double-doors of my room. With an annoyed look on my face I swung one of them open and leaned onto the door frame.

       "Must you always rush me?" I sassed.

       "Now, now Bella," Dante held his usual smug smirk. "We agreed to live in peace for the next five months. We made a deal remember?"

       "Like you're so keen on keeping your deals," I scoffed with arms crossed over my chest, making my boobs perk up and peek through the beige satin shirt.

       Dante's gaze fell to my chest and I frowned at his growing smirk. I immediately blocked it with the help of the white blazer and his smile dropped.

       "Bella, don't you trust me?" He asked with an overly dramatized hurt expression.

       "No," I respond with a cold tone.

       He stalked closer to me and with every step he took forward, I took one back until I bumped into the edge of the sofa. Dante grabbed onto my waist before I could fall.

       Our proximity increased as he pulled me closer to his chest. My hands laid partly on his exposed chest while the other half was blocked by his perfectly ironed white linen shirt. I could feel both my cheeks and every part of my body that made contact with him burning up.

       My breathed hitched as he leaned closer. His lips were mere inches from mine and for a split second, every single thing he did that hurt me vanished. I was entranced with his icy blue eyes that somehow held a warmth as he stared back at me.

       For a split second, he was not the ruthless monster. For a split second, he was the man I once loved. The man I once thought him to be.

       Snap out of it, I told myself.

       "You can keep lying to yourself all you want," he said as his gaze remained on my scarlet lips with a hungry glint in them. "But deep down you know, you still have feelings for me, amore mio."

I looked up to meet his blue eyes. He wanted me and I could tell he believed I wanted him too.

"You are right, I do have feelings for you," I replied as I leaned in closer which only fueled his hunger more. "Sentimenti di odio stupido bastardo."

Dante was taken aback by my words as I pushed past him and stomped out of the room. That should teach him to leave me the fuck alone.

Now, I had to keep my focus at one-hundred percent. I had a plan to escape and with this outing Dante has given me, I could succeed.

"You look like you want to kill somebody," Derek commented before taking a bite of his the green apple in his hands.

       My eyebrows furrowed together as I noticed what he was wearing. It was nothing out of the ordinary, a black suit with a white linen shirt and black tie. However, the tie clip is what stood out.