15. out of chances

HIS POV

I stared at the suit case with some of my clothes neatly folded inside. I contemplated whether I was making the right decision. My eyes made their way to the letter in my hands.

"I am going to get you back," I said with determination as I finally made up my mind. I closed the bag and zipped it up in one move.

I grabbed my leather satchel and rolled the suitcase behind me. Luca said he had no idea that Samantha was previously engaged to Dante Villanueva, but I could tell he was lying. It made me wonder just how dangerous this man was.

       "Where are you going?"

       I looked up as the elevator doors opened and mentally face-palmed myself. Dudley and Elliot stood in front of me with two bags in hand.

       "Are you leaving for a trip?" Elliot asked as she looked down at the suit case.

       "Dude we have been planning this shoot for weeks," Dudley whined.

       After Samantha left and Dudley found out, he vowed to remove any photo of her from his store. She was no longer his model because she broke my heart and Elliot would be her replacement as the face of the store.

       We would have the photoshoot today to replace the banners and business cards, but I had completely forgotten.

     "I have a business trip that just came up," I lied as I nervously scratched the back of my neck. Elliot narrowed her eyes at me as if examining me thoroughly.

       "A business trip?" She raised a brow suspiciously.

       "Y-Yeah," I replied. "And it is very important so if you will excuse-"

       "You're going to go bring her back," Elliot said as she put the puzzle pieces together.

        Dudley turned to me with a look of disbelief. "Dude she broke your heart like it meant nothing!"

       "It was not her choice," I argued back.

       Elliot raised a brow. "What do you mean not her choice?"

       I pinched the bridge of my nose. I did not want to waste anymore of my time arguing with them.

       "This is my decision, so please I ask that you respect it," I said firmly. "I will help you with the photoshoot as soon as I am back. I promise."

       "Brian," Elliot tried to get a hold of my hand but I skewed past her. I stepped into the elevator and watch as Elliot looked at me with teary eyes as the doors closed.

***

       I walked into the large building that screamed money and power. Photos of the most famous models in the Villanueva Modeling Management agency where hung up for display. One stood out among the rest. The picture was embroidered with a golden frame. It was Samantha, but she looked younger. Her hair was a soft, ashy brown color that fell down her waist, but her eyes still held their captivating ocean blue color.

       "Ahem," I turned to the receptionist that had cleared her throat to get my attention. "May I help you?"

       "Uhh—yes, I am here to see Mr Villanueva," I said as I fumbled to get my employee card out of my interior blazer pocket. "My name is Brian Knight, one of the new photographers."

The receptionists scanned the bar code on the back of the employee ID card. Once the light beamed green to show that it was real she turned to me.