History Books

"I'm not crazy. If you had seen what I saw, there would be no question about it." I sit down in front of the twins and Aizawa.

"L/n, we need to talk about this," Aizawa closes the hospital room door. The twins sit down next to each other.

"Just listen okay," Kiomi begins.

"Why would I listen to you? Someone who hid something this important from me?"

She goes quiet.

I sigh, "I saw someone out there. With the same stupid mist I've been seeing since I arrived at UA. I want to know about my mother's side."

"Lady L/n, you know it is forbidden-"

I interrupt Yukumi, "Why?! Is it so wrong for me to want to learn about my family heritage?" "Shogun" they say. I feel like a puppet, ruling over people but, I don't know who my people are.

-Timeskip-
Miruko sent me a card saying that she "didn't hate our time together" and that's she hopes I improve more as I grow.

I place the letter on the table next to my bed and walk to the bathroom. I pick up my toothbrush and begin brushing my teeth.

I wasn't going to UA today. After what's been happening I don't know when I'll go back. I'm missing pieces of the day, parts of the hour that I can't recall. I let Aizawa know what's happening and he said he would tell Principal Nezu. I haven't talked to my dad since I've gotten here, that's going to end today. I sent him a message saying that I need to know what's been going on.

I hear the doorbell ring and I walk downstairs. It was Kiomi and Yukumi, holding a stack of old and dusty books.

"We got them," Kiomi says, "Although your father was very skeptical."

"He'll survive," I take the books from them and place them on the bed, "Please, take a seat."

They sit down on the bed and I sit on a chair next to it. The books look many centuries old, the pages burned and torn. The covers were scratched and broken. These are probably the oldest things in the village... besides my father.

"I know you said you can't tell me everything, I know that you guys are trying to protect me and I do thank you for that. But I need to know," I look over at my katana resting on Tv stand, "Please."

The twins look at each other, Kiomi looks back at me.

"It's a long story-"

"One that I'll be telling."

My eyes snap towards the hallway, instinctively grabbing a nearby bō stick.

In the hallway stood the only person that could possibly sneak up on us like that...

My damn dad.

I sigh to myself and put down my weapon, "Took you long enough."

"At least I'm here," he says walking in and sitting down on the floor. I wouldn't dare roll my eyes at my dad, but I really want to.

"Like Kiomi said, it's very long and treacherous story. Are you sure you want to hear it?" For the first time in my life, I see my dad hesitate.

I look down, remembering the red mist. Thinking back to the Sports Festival and even what happened during the internships.

"Yes."

He grabs one of the books and scans through the pages. He stops and turns the book around handing it to me, "It starts here."

I read through the text, it was a very detailed books of laws for Samurai.

I look up from the pages, "I've already read this."

I notice something scratched out, I look at my dad. He gestured for me to continue.

I hold the paper up in front of the ceiling light and read through the scratched off line.

"You have not heard of another samurai tribe. You have not seen another samurai tribe. You have not come in contact with another samurai tribe. If you know of the samurai tribe, leave and do not come back." What does that mean?!?

I look up at my dad, "I don't get it. This looks like some children's prank."

"I can assure you it is not," my dad flips through more pages, "keep reading."

I look back down at the book and turn the page, my eyes widen.

It was my katana, being wielded by another woman. She looked beautiful, but dangerous. There was something terrifying about her picture.

I look back at my dad, "Sum this up for me please. You know the elders like to drag stuff out."

"Very well," he begins, "Our family does not and has never had quirks. Because, put simply, our ancestors rebuked them. However," he flips through a page that shows a familiar red mist, "every generation or so... a quirk slips through. And because of your mom, you ended up gaining access to all of them."

"Say what you just said but a lot slower."

I am in fact alive.
Author J Out