Chapter Five

When you woke up, you were laying on Jay's bed. You could hear the ninjas talking.

"That snake almost got me," Jay said. "Look." He turned and a piece of his pants were missing.

"So, did you see what Chen did to Karlof?" Kai asked.

"He sucked his powers away!" Cole exclaimed.

"And he did it using ice," Lloyd said. "Which means . . ."

All of the ninja came to the conclusion at the same time. "Zane is on the island."

They all seemed to think for a moment and during that time, Lloyd realized that you were awake. He came over to you.

"Are you okay?" Lloyd asked. "I had no idea you were that scared of snakes."

"If you saw your parents get eaten by a giant snake right in front of you, you would be that scared of snakes too," you guaranteed him.

"I'm sure I would be," he said.

"Wait?" Kai asked. "Your parents were eaten by a giant snake?"

You nodded. "The great devourer."

"Oh," all the ninjas said, looking down.

"Well, it's morning, so we better get to breakfast," Lloyd said, trying to change the subject.

Y'all went downstairs and met up with Garmadon. You and your new friends got into line.

Garmadon was getting breakfast and the server refused to give him creamy biscuits.

"Let this be a lesson to you," Garmadon said. "If you choose to become good and leave your evil sensei, you may not be served creamy biscuits."

Jay stood in front of the server. "Extra creamy biscuits please." The server gave him three. "A few more." The server added two. "Just a little more." The server put five more on. "Thank you!"

You got a creamy biscuit and you noticed Cole and Jay arguing.

"I thought ninja never quit!" Cole yelled.

"I thought ninja wouldn't steal your girlfriend!" Jay returned.

"What are they talking about?" you whispered to Lloyd.

"They're both in love with Kai's sister, Nya" Lloyd whispered back.

"Damn, that sucks," you laughed.

When Garmadon managed to settle the fight, we all sat down.

"It's so unfair that Jay's opponent was taken out," you said. "I have to go up against Skylor and Jacob because Karlof was kicked out."

Suddenly an intercom came on. "The tournament of elements continues," Chen's voice said. "Will the following masters please make their way to their assigned arenas? Speed, gravity, smoke, nature, mind and last but certainly not least . . ."

"Maybe we all got the day off," Jay said happily.

"Fire!" Kai gasped as Chen spoke. "Remember, only one can remain."

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

You sat next to Lloyd. The fight between Turner and Gravis was first. There was a tree with pink blossoms and a jade blade stuck in between two of the branches.

"First match. Turner, master of speed, versus Gravis, master of gravity," Chen announced. "Fight!"

Turner started speeding around and Gravis levitated. They launched tree branches and pink flowers at each other.