Chapter Fifteen

(If I were you, I would re/read the ending to the last chapter, since I changed it.)

I didn't want to leave Lloyd behind, so we had stayed together. He couldn't use his dragon, and I was too scared to carry someone on mine. We had found a noodle truck and now us and the other ninja were contacting each other through that, although it was more static than speech.

The trucks had been a diversion. They hadn't been filled with snakes as we thought. They were meant to pull us away from Ninjago City.

And it had worked.

We had left the people.

And we would regret it.

Nya said something through the intercom which sounded like, "Lily, eat the snake!"

That didn't make sense. Why would Lily eat a snake?

"Tell us where we need to go," Lloyd said. "I can't use my dragon powers, so if anyone comes . . ."

"I'll have to save him, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to," I finished.

The static suddenly went out.

"Nya?" Lloyd said. "You there?"

"Can anyone hear us?" I asked, leaning towards the microphone.

Lloyd and I frowned as the microphone played a bit of static before going silent again.

Lloyd turned on the ignition and started driving.

I was about to tease Lloyd about being eleven and not being legally allowed to drive, but  everything was so bad right now, that I couldn't bring myself to joke.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

We were driving and suddenly , another noddle trick found us. We looked over at it and Neuro frowned.

"They're headed West," he announced, answering the question I was thinking. "I tried to stop them, but I'm just a mind reader. I couldn't help anymore."

"But you can help me!" Lloyd realized. "Can you send a message to all the fighters at once?"

"I can try," Neuro said, before closing his eyes and putting his hands to his temples.

A message flooded through my mind.

'Meet me at base,' Neuro transmitted.

We just had to hope everyone else got it.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

Neuro, Lloyd, and I were the second to last ones at base. Kai walked in a few minutes after.

Kai approached Skylor. "Look at you." Kai smiled at his crush.

"The ssspell is wearing off," Skylor said. "But my father'sss antics, sssadly, have not."

I looked over to Wu, Garmadon, and Misako. Skylor had told me that something happened between the three of them, but she didn't say what.