Chapter Seven

It was after the fight. Cole had lost. But really, he hadn't lost. He did what was right.

Kai and Jay both went to their rooms, and Lloyd and I continued to ours. I was about to open my door, but Lloyd said, "Hey, what if we go to my room?"

"Why?" I asked.

"You did say you wanted to learn spinjitzu, right? Now that Cole's gone, I think we could use an extra ninja for the time being," Lloyd explained.

I nodded and we headed into Lloyd's room. "Woah," I said, looking around.

"Thanks," Lloyd said. He scratched the back of his neck.

I stared into his eyes. The closer Lloyd and I got, the more I hoped we were soulmates. "So, let's get started his this ninja stuff," I decided. "So you just spin, right?" I asked. I spun around in a circle, but just ended up falling flat on my face. Or, I would've if Lloyd hadn't caught me.

"I thought it was spinning too when I first saw it," Lloyd admitted. "But it's more complicated."

Lloyd showed me through the motions and I finally got it, turning into my own pink mini-tornado. I laughed and did it again. This time, I got too excited and knocked Lloyd onto the bed. He landed on top of me and I blushed.

"Sorry," I said. "I'm just a little clumsy."

"Don't apologize, y/n," Lloyd said.

I noticed that our faces were a few inches closer than when we first fell on the bed. That's when I realized . . . Lloyd was about to kiss me! My eyes closed and I expected to feel Lloyd's lips on mine. However, there was an unpleasant surprise.

The door opened and I heard someone yelp. I opened my eyes to see Kai standing there. His hand was over Jay's eyes.

"Jay's too innocent to be seeing this!" Kai yelled.

"Seeing what?" Jay asked.

Lloyd stood up and offered me a hand. "We fell over," Lloyd explained.

"Yeah, right," Kai said sarcastically. His hand dropped from Jay's eyes. "Anyway, it's time for your fight, y/n," Kai went on.

I bit my lip. "I'm so nervous," I said. "If Skylor really is the master of fire, I don't want to go against her."

"You'll also be going against Jacob," Jay reminded me.

"Not helping," I grit through my teeth.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

Lloyd watched y/n as Chen explained the rules.

"There are two jade blades. When the first person collects theirs, the other two will have exactly one minute to get the other one. If neither of them get it within a minute, we have two losers. If one of them gets it, we have two winners. Understand?" Chen asked.

Y/n nodded. She noticed Lloyd looking at her and smiled up at him. He waved.

"Where's Kai?" Jay asked.

Lloyd was too busy staring at y/n to even notice Kai was gone.

"Let's begin," Chen decided. "Jacob, master of sound, versus Skylor, master of amber, versus y/n, master of," Chen chuckled before saying, "Seduction." This sparked whispers throughout the crowd.

Jacob began playing a riff on his guitar. "Fight!" Chen yelled. "Fight!"

"Eenie, meenie, minie, moe! Catch a jade blade by its toe!" Skylor yelled. She spun and threw her spear at a vase. Skylor ran towards it and grabbed the weapon hidden inside.