Chapter Sixteen

Lloyd and I were doing a speech together on the stairs in front of Ninjago bank, doing a speech for the people. Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane were giving the same speech in different places. I looked down at my note cards. My parts were written in (f/c) and Lloyd's were in bright green.

"I wish I could say we're not facing an army unlike we've ever seen, but we have, and we know what they're capable of," Lloyd said.

"Right now, our cities and villages are falling, which is why we're asking everyone to rise up," I spoke carefully.

"We all may have different backgrounds, but we all share the same future," Lloyd said.

"You may wonder why we're asking you to fight for Ninjago. We're not. We're asking you to fight for each other," I added.

"We're asking you to fight as one," Lloyd and I said in unison.

The crowd cheered.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

Later that same day, we had made our way down to Echo Canyons. Many of the people who were in the crowd we had talked to were here, along with Kai's people, Cole's people, Jay's people, and Zane's people.

The snakes were approaching and I shivered with fear. Lloyd wrapped an arm around me.

"You can always try and make them fall in love with you," Lloyd reminded me.

"First, we don't even know if it's gonna work. My power doesn't work on anocondria, just humans, but since they aren't true anocondria, it might. Second, I've never tried to make that people people fall in love with me. The most I've ever done is thirty-two and that's over a thousand," I replied.

The ground shook as they got close and it was worse than I ever could have imagined.

"There's so many of them!" Jay gasped.

They stopped about five hundred meters from us.

Lloyd soun around, pulling his mask down. I pulled mine down as he did.

"We fight as one!" he yelled. Everyone cheered and I managed a small clap. "Hold the line!" he reminded us.

"Charge!" Chen yelled.

We could do this.

We could do this.

We could do this.

I could do this.

If not . . .

The anocondria fell into our trap. We had covered the ground with something that looked like ground and they had fallen for it. I laughed. I was so worried I almost forgot about that. Most of them had stopped, but quite a few had fallen in.

"Trap doorsss!" Chen yelled angrily. "That's my sssignature move!" Chen looked absolutely furious. He gritted his teeth together and shook as he screamed, "DESTROY THEM!"

"Now!" Lloyd said, perfectly executing our plan.

Zane used his ice to seal the anocondria in our trap, and to make it possible to cross.

Jay and Kai teamed up on some and shot them with fire and lightning.

An old woman sprayed a snake in the eyes with her perfume. He dropped his sword and rubbed his eyes. The old lady picked it up and chased him with it.